SN Brussels Airlines? More like SN "Ripoff" Airlin

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
speedbird1

SN Brussels Airlines? More like SN "Ripoff" Airlin

Post by speedbird1 »

Having needed to book a one way flight from Manchester to Brussels next week I went to book with SN. However after entering my requirements into the website I was rewarded with £341.42 one way........... are they taking the mickey or something, do people ever pay these astonishingly high prices for a 1 hour hop to BRU, I could sop around and get to the US for less. Subsequently I'm going on Easyjet for £30 all in and the service is just as good and a better aircraft. No wonder the main airlines are getting slowly closed out, with the prices that the budget carriers are offering.
As you can guess I'm a little bemused by these prices and wondering why they are so high, anyone like to offer any ideas on this??!!!!

Emirates

Avro

Post by Avro »

Can you give us your travel dates ???

Greetz
Chris

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

It was next Monday the 21st June. Why?

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I think if you want the lower faires, you need to buy your tickets earlier. But it seems economy is full, your price is Business Fully Flexible: £341.00 .

B737229

Post by B737229 »

try VLM ANR-LCY-MAN maybe this is a nice way to fly to MAN

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

21 Jun VLM Airlines
VG 483
Manchester Int'l (MAN), Manchester, United Kingdom 16:00

London City Apt (LCY), London, United Kingdom 17:00
Non-stop F50 2h30min VLM Bargain
21 Jun VLM Airlines
VG 108
London City Apt (LCY), London, United Kingdom 17:30

Deurne (ANR), Antwerp, Belgium 19:30
Non-stop F50 VLM Bargain

Fare Tax Pounds Sterling Euro
85.00 (127.06) + 28.40 (42.45) x 1 Adult = 113.40 169.51
Total fare = 113.40 169.51

Captain

Post by Captain »

BA charge ridiculously high rates for one way fares. Similar to the price Emirates was looking at between MAN and BRU.

I also find it stupid as it's actually cheaper to buy a return even if you are not going to use it and will through the ticket away!

SN are not the only ones who practice high fares for single trips

Captain

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Except on LCCs, one-way fares are always expensive. Why don't you buy a return ticket with a Saturday night stay and leave the return portion unused? Every good travel agency would have advised you to do so.

Of course, you have to book well in advance to get the best fares.

Speaking of rip-off: ever tried Lufthansa?
André
ex Sabena #26567

danieln

Post by danieln »

Why should one way fares be so expensive if SN Brussels advertise with one way fares? At least they should not blame Ryanair for ruming unfair advertisments.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I looked for my mother for a trip to Newcastle, between 10tn & 20th of july, and the price I got was €500! I would call that a ripoff to!
Then I looked at Ryanair CRL-DUB-NCL: €115.

The first thing I noticeded was indeed that she could fly to the USA for that price!

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Sorry, but no compassion from my side...

If you have to book at such a short notice, it's kind of logic that you will pay a high price. Not? SN availability for one-way fares is very limited. I paid €68 for a BRU-MAN one-way, but I booked two months in advance. If SN would still be selling their cheapest fares for flights within one week, they can as well close down the airline since the revenues will be way too low.

Your alternative is BMI via LHR, they offer one-way fares.

@Buzz: €500 the cheapest for a return to NCL within 4 weeks? You probably picked a flight that is almost sold out, because I tried and found a lot of availability in the cheapest booking class (I believe I even replied to your topic with those dates).

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

I understand people's points, but I still feel these high prices are stupid, this act of pure profiteering. I understand the point of booking early but some people don't have the circumstances to be able to book so far in advance.
I still think that £341 BRU-MAN business class, is alot.
Anyway just thought I'd highlight this to you all. Thanks!

Emirates

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hi Emirates,

No problem mate! :mrgreen: This forum is to highlight things...

PS: next time, I'd consider (like André says) to book a return ticket. But... don't forget to cancel the return leg once you've completed your one-way flight!

Frederic

concordino

Post by concordino »

It really does make a mockery of all the fare structures when you have to buy double what you need and throw away half.

All transportation suffers from this pricing structure confusion - look at rail & ferry tickets to see that airlines are not alone in appearing to confuse the consumer. I am not sure if anything can be done but if airlines (and railways and ferry operators) had clear brochures and websites then at least we would have a chance.

I guess that the more websites/forums like these can highlight issues then the providers will begin to understand what their "customers" really want - clarity.

C

vflies

Post by vflies »

Just wondering: where do you fly Easyjet to?
They won't bring you to BRU, so you need a train or air connection too...
All that extra time and hassle is also worth something, don't you think?
You always pay extra for the comfort of direct service...

My 2cents worth...

VFlies

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

@vflies: I also wonder about that...

EZY doesn't fly to MAN... does BMIBaby fly from MAN to STN? In that case you can connect from STN to AMS on EZY.

Quite a lot of hassle... is for us, Belgians, the V-Bird flight from NRN not an option? If you book a few weeks in advance, it's no problem to get a return for €40

Frederic

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

I'm getting the train from Schipol. Makes of a nice journey actually. Saves on driving up the E19 after a flight!

Emirates