ACE-FUE-BRU with Thomas Cook powered by Condor

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sn26567

ACE-FUE-BRU with Thomas Cook powered by Condor

Post by sn26567 »

My return flight FQ6603 from Lanzarote to Brussels via Fuenteventura was initially scheduled on 5 June 2004 at 10.45. Two days before, I was told by the Thomas Cook representative that the departure was postponed to 12.20 (you will see why later). That was good news: one and a half more hours to sleep or to enjoy the nice weather.

After check-in, it was nice to walk in the modern airport of Arrecife. The surprise came when the plane that landed at the foressen gate whad yellow insted of blue colours: it was D-AICB, an Airbus 320-212 of Thomas Cook powered by Condor in the old yellow Condor colous with blue Thomas Cook titles.

Boarding was early. The captain was present to welcome passengers. I asked him in German whether I could attend take-off in the jumpseat, but the answer was the standard NO. He later told me that the plane had left from Stuttgart the same morning and would return to Stuttgart in the evening, all with the same crew for which it must have been a very long day. Hence the delayed departure.

The crew was entirely German (as usual: captain, co-pilot and 4 cabin crew), plus one additional Belgian purser to make the annoucements in Dutch and French. The German crew only spoke English and German.

Load factor was 98%, but Terenia and I were the lucky ones who got a free seat in their row. I had seat 2F, an excellent viewpoint to see hotel Beatriz Playa a last time, after a take-offthat was 20 minutes early. Indeed, exceptionnally, Runway 21 was used instead of 03 because of the weak wind and the fact we had to fly South to Fuerteventura. After 15 minutes flight at low altitude, we landed at FUE on 01. The screens showed everything from taxiing to take-off to landing filmed by the under-cockpit camera.

The stop at FUE, where we had to disembark to another nice modern airport, was shorter than expected and the plane took off from 01 again 10 minutes ahead of schedule.

After the usual Premium class orange juice, we got the lunch (chicken or tricolour pasta, salad, cheese on a roll, dessert) with wine. Afterwards the film and the touristic ads on the screen (you have to pay 3.50 € for the earphones, but you can keep them after the trip).

Beautiful whether throughout the trip. Landing in Brussels was also 15 minutes early, on 02 which I like very much because of the nice sights of Waterloo, the lake of Genval and the Forest of Soignes.

Excellent return trip after a nice stay.
Last edited by sn26567 on 10 Jun 2004, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Why was the flight operated by Condor? Is it because TCAB doesn't have enough aircrafts?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

For as far as I know, TCAB still has one plane that is not operational and they regularly call on their colleagues at Condor, Futura, etc.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Again a nice report :)
How are the seats in the A320 of Condor. Are they the same as in the belgian A320's of Thomas Cook ?

Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:How are the seats in the A320 of Condor. Are they the same as in the belgian A320's of Thomas Cook ?
The seats on both Condor and TCAB are fabrics (no leather). At TCAB they are navy blue and at Condor they are grey with a yellow touch.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Here is my pic of the Condor plane before departure at ACE:

André
ex Sabena #26567

Jense

Post by Jense »

Again a very nice report, André.

When you flew from ACE to FUE, you probably saw the Papagao-beaches and Playa Blanca on you right side... That's one of my favourite places on earth... :wink:

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

greettzzz

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Nice report! I wonder if they will change those "Thomas Cook" titles back to "Condor" titles since Condor is making a comeback. :?
Onward and Upward...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Jense wrote:When you flew from ACE to FUE, you probably saw the Papagao-beaches and Playa Blanca on you right side... That's one of my favourite places on earth... :wink:
Yes, I did. In fact my daughter works at the brand new 5* hotel Princesa Yaisa at Playa Blanca.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jense

Post by Jense »

sn26567 wrote:
Jense wrote:When you flew from ACE to FUE, you probably saw the Papagao-beaches and Playa Blanca on you right side... That's one of my favourite places on earth... :wink:
Yes, I did. In fact my daughter works at the brand new 5* hotel Princesa Yaisa at Playa Blanca.
8O You're joking :!: :?: 8O

WOW, that's one of the best hotels around there! I went there, just to take a look and it's so impressive! Superb hotel to stay in I think...

Btw:
http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.cgi?221040
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=302534

=> Arriving from ACE via FUE with André on board :wink:

greettzzz

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Jense wrote:http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.cgi?221040
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=302534

=> Arriving from ACE via FUE with André on board :wink:
If you look very close to the 3th window from the left you can see André sitting next to his lovele wife. But you need to look very close to your screen, did you notice?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Good try, Bart, but we were in seats 2D and 2F, second window on the right...

@Jense: thanks for these great pix of my flight.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jense

Post by Jense »

sn26567 wrote:@Jense: thanks for these great pix of my flight.
Aren't mine, you need to thank Wim Callaert and Hennie Jespers :wink:
Anyway, I think you enjoyed your holidays :wink:

greettzzz

Avro

Post by Avro »

sn26567 wrote:Good try, Bart, but we were in seats 2D and 2F, second window on the right...
héhé Bart confused 2A and 2F ;)