BRU-ACE with Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sn26567

BRU-ACE with Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium

Post by sn26567 »

On Wednesday, 26 May 2004, Terenia and I left Brussels to Lanzarote on a flight booked through Thomas Cook. Departure time was 13.15. Our plane was the Airbus A320-214 OO-TCH "Experience".

(Picture of OO-TCH in BRU by Fabrice)

Pushback and departure were on time, with take-off from 25R. The safety announcements were made in Dutch and French. An camera under the cockpit gave an excellent rendering of the taxiing and take-off.

I had seat 4A in the last row of Premium class (this entitles you, not to special seats, but to a separate check-in, a choice of meals and a small bottle of wine). Terenia and I had the three seats for the two of us. Load factor was about 60% for the 180 available seats.

Soon after take-off we got a glass of orange juice, only in Premium. The monitors started showing the flight data and itinerary. Soon thereafter, lunch was served: a choice of chicken or pasta. Terenia took the chicken and I had the lasagna. Both were appetising, preceded by a small salad and followed by cheese with a small roll of bread and a pastry as dessert. We had some undefined red wine to accompany.

The weather was generally nice and the winds favourable. Meanwhile, the monitors were showing a film, and touristic views of Thomas Cook destinations. However, the trip was spoiled by a lady with her 2 small kids in row 5. They shit in their pants in the beginning of the flight, and the mother did not bother to change them before the end. The stench was almost unbearable. Only after we complained (late) to the stewardess did she go to the toilet with her kids to change them. Some people still have to learn how to behave.

Thanks to the strong tailwinds we arrived at 16.05 LT after a flight of 3 hrs 50 minutes, some 20 minutes early. Just before landing I could spot my hotel, the Beatriz Playa nicely located on the beach close to the airport.

Landing was on the usual 03. In Lanzarote the Alized winds usually blow from the Northeast. The pilot would not allow me to go in the cockpit on a jumpseat: company policy!

(picture of OO-TCH in Lanzarote by Torben Guse)

Arrival procedure and baggage collection went smoothly. Barely half an hour later I was at the hotel. Altogether an excellent trip if it were not for the two stinking babies.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Those who have brats should have a special part of the aircraft allocated to them, away from those who do not want other people's brats in their faces (and up their noses) all the time.

It's the same in some eateries here in England. Beware those which are "family friendly", as it means that parents will be allowed to let their brats run riot in the restaurant and generally spoil it for everyone else. We were once in a place in Scarborough, and a do-gooder family with a brat were at the next table. The brat was running round all over, and when it shat its nappy, the woman took it away to be changed, and then came back into the restaurant carrying the shitted up nappy in a bag, stinking the whole place out.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

I flew on OO-TCH twice, it's a truly fantastic aircraft. Note: It where my only TCAB and A320 flights

Avro

Post by Avro »

This is a very nice report. Thanks a lot André. It must be impressive to have the camera view during T/O and landing.

BTW did you shoot the picture that shows the engine? (The second last one in your report)

Ciao
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:BTW did you shoot the picture that shows the engine? (The second last one in your report)
No. It's a picture of A.net.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

My own picture of OO-TCH before departure from Pier A at Brussels on 26 May.

André
ex Sabena #26567

VC10

Post by VC10 »

That is a good report Andre (pity about the shitty kid! certainly not funny if you are a captive audience!!)

Liked your pic also.
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

Jense

Post by Jense »

Thanks for the very nice report, André!
Thanks to the strong tailwinds we arrived at 16.05 LT after a flight of 3 hrs 50 minutes, some 20 minutes early.
Wasn't such a short/fast flight I find... When I go to Lanzarote, the flight time is about 3 hrs 40min., without tailwind :wink:
Was always quicker in coming back then going to Lanzarote :(
Last year, with Thomas Cook (DutchBird B757) was the flight time 3 hrs 25 min. 8On that was really quick 8O

Must be very nice to see the TO and taxi on the screens 8O
I hope I'll fly OO-TCH some day :wink:

Hope to see your return-report soon :D

greettzzz

Avro

Post by Avro »

Jense wrote: Hope to see your return-report soon :D
It's allready in the forums ;)

Chris

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Excellent report! Sorry to hear about the shitty kids. :(