Just became Privilege Gold (SNBA)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
DannyVDB

Just became Privilege Gold (SNBA)

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

Surprise to me when I saw that I became Privilege Gold member last month. This means that I flew 40.000 miles in one year. :D :D

I checked on the SNBA website and Privilege Gold gives some extra advantages: additional luggage without paying, access to lounges even if you have a ticket economy, ... :P

Danny

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Congratulations man! So I may assume that you are quite happy with their service etc. ? ;)

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Yes indeed ... Good service, broad choice. Whatever I need, in most cases SNBA is offering it (except when I flew to Sofia). And I do not like to go through other hubs for European trips, so...

(I flew of course other airline operators like KLM, Vergin, ..., but if possible I fly SNBA)

Danny

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Congrats Danny, now up to Privilege Platinum!

Comet

Post by Comet »

Lucky you Danny. That is something I will never get, seeing as SNBA have greatly reduced the fare types which qualify for miles (all the tickets I have booked with them this year have suddenly been excluded, even though they were eligible when I booked them, they weren't when I came to bloody travelling :evil: :evil: )

With Sabena it was very easy to earn miles, we did on all our tourist tickets, but not so with SNBA :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Congratulations Danny :D

If you have so many miles to spend, you can always give me some ;) ;)
Comet wrote:Lucky you Danny. That is something I will never get, seeing as SNBA have greatly reduced the fare types which qualify for miles (all the tickets I have booked with them this year have suddenly been excluded, even though they were eligible when I booked them, they weren't when I came to bloody travelling :evil: :evil: )

With Sabena it was very easy to earn miles, we did on all our tourist tickets, but not so with SNBA :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Louise,

What SNBA has done is totally normal. You can't buy a very cheap ticket and then still want some miles for that. It's pure logic. As we would say in french : "on ne peut pas avoir le beurre et l'argent du beurre" :!:

Name me one current airline that does this ? I'm even not sure wether Sabena did this in the past.

Chris
8)

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Louise: can you name me one airline that hasn't reduced or cut the number of miles on cheap tickets you book?

What you say is totally untrue: V and Q (the 2 cheapest booking classes) are not eligible for miles already for a very long time. You should have checked this BEFORE your booking, since the situation hasn't changed during the past months.

On BA, I get 125 miles for a BRU-LHR flight, while you need several 1000's of miles for a free flight. The only reason I'm a member of the Executive Club is for nice advantages like being able to check-in on the internet 24h before my flight + being able to select my seat 24h in advance. If you want to earn miles, you will have to pay more Louise...

"greatly reduced the fare types": please check information like this BEFORE you post it on the forum, since it is false.

Frederic

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Fred,

maybe you don't remember, but there was a time, long, long ago - in 2000 you could earn miles nearly for everything, for one example I have gotten 2000 miles for an LH inner german flight for which I had paid (return, inclusive TAXES and with free drink, but without food. sunday rule) 90 EUR (not all 180 DEM - a currency which is also gone away ....)
and LH was making money in Y2K ....
guys remember ...... the good old time before 09/11 :(

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Thanks correct, Jutta!

PS: about LH: after the introduction on reduced miles for T-class, they will upgrade (or better said: downgrade ;)) their FF-miles also on the cheaper booking-classes.

Those times have gone unfortunately :(

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

A318

Post by A318 »

Sabena_690 wrote:The only reason I'm a member of the Executive Club is for nice advantages like being able to check-in on the internet 24h before my flight + being able to select my seat 24h in advance.
Frederic
So you need to be executive member for that? :D Now I have to laugh, even with our low cost carrier BasiqAir this is a standard procedure. Check in through internet, reserve the seat you want to have and even print directly your boarding pass!
If you have lugage you can leave it at a dropp of point and with handlugage you just walk directly to your plane.
Sometimes I think people expect only nice advantages when they pay for them and in the meantime loose a lot of money for nothing special!

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

BasiqAir must be an exception Erwin :mrgreen:

Frederic

A318

Post by A318 »

Sabena_690 wrote:BasiqAir must be an exception Erwin :mrgreen:

Frederic
I don't know but yesterday I booked 2 tickets with them to Barcelona and 10 minutes later I had the boarding passes here printed in my hands. I was really suprised especially because of the online seat selection. I do have to say that most of the time Basiq Air has a little higher prices then RYR and EZY.
I think you can compare them to the US low cost carriers when you look at their prices, average is €40 to €50 one way, still a good price.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Nice that it is a free service...

AB asks €8 for seat selection I believe...

Don't drink too much cerveza's in Spain ;)

Frederic

A318

Post by A318 »

Sabena_690 wrote:Nice that it is a free service...

AB asks €8 for seat selection I believe...

Don't drink too much cerveza's in Spain ;)

Frederic
I won't since the tickets were for my wife and her mom so they are drinking and I am sitting here behind my pc ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Comet wrote:Lucky you Danny. That is something I will never get, seeing as SNBA have greatly reduced the fare types which qualify for miles (all the tickets I have booked with them this year have suddenly been excluded, even though they were eligible when I booked them, they weren't when I came to bloody travelling :evil: :evil: )

Hi Louise,

Sorry to reply that late, but I was on my next trip to BUD (yes again with SNBA) ...

I think you are only excluded for the very lowest fares. I will fly to Sevilla on holidays in July and booked a 'normal' flight for 286 EUR or something and I will receive miles. The 'cheapest' fares are not that cheaper ...

I fly for 184 EUR to warsaw at the end of June and will also receive miles ...

It is at the same time true that a Golden Privilege will also recive miles for the lowest fares ...

Danny

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi Erwin,

You are correct that there are a lot of 'advantages' that are not special at all.

For me the most important things are: the extra luggage for African (and other flights), the access to the lounge even with Y ticket to do some work while waiting for a delayed flight (including someone who flies with you), the special attention and support you get (e.g. fast check-in), ...

These advantages are often welcome to me. Of course if you leave on holiday, only prices count and you have all the time of the world ... In the current situation Ryanair, Basiq Air, EasyJet, ... are 'worthless' airlines for me since they do not fly me to the places I need at the time I need and under the conditions I need ...

(But if I need to go to Valladolid, I will take Ryanair for sure ...)

Danny