Unknown stewardess.

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
C-117

Post by C-117 »

Speaking of commendable conduct by FA's: A flight I took from ATL to IAD was delayed for over 30 minutes because a flight attendant had the fortitude to demand that Maintenance take a look at an escape chute that was protruding from the bottom of the exit door on a 737. Even after the Engineer came aft to look at it and said, "Don't worry about it", the FA remained adamant that the flight would not go until Maint checked it out. Maint showed up, opened the door and took care of the situation. I got the FA's name & wrote the company about her excellent service. The airline wrote back and confirmed that this FA, with 14 years of service, was absolutely correct in doing what she did. Not allowing flight deck egos to rule is sometimes very difficult for cabin staff.

Cheers!

C-117

Mar

Post by Mar »

Hi,

I really don't know the exact type of airplane. The interieur was a little bit modern than the airplane on our flight to Vienna.
There was also a frienly steward on board, we asked him if the stewardess didn'd mind that I took a picture. It was oK for her with the known result.
I found the picture of this steward on luchtzak.be, you could find it below ..........I hope.

:lol:
May be he knows her name ??? (if somebody knows him of course :? )

Chris, what is a loadfactor of an airplane ?

I really don't know very much of airplanes. Fourteen years ago I gave up my carreer as Chief engineer on CMB ships to start a carreer ashore due to the out flagging of the Belgian ship's to cheaper countries.
I was a seaman for 13 years of which I was 1 year in Sourh Korea for a shipbuilding project at Hyundai Heavy Industries at Ulsan.

So far about me ....... now the names of the stewardess and the steward..
:wink:

Avro

Post by Avro »

May be he knows her name ??? (if somebody knows him of course :? )
Bart will probably know his name.
what is a loadfactor of an airplane ?
The loadfactor is the percentage of people inside the plane compared to the number of seats. It tells you in percentage how full a flight was.

In other words, were there many empty seats during your flight? ;)

Ciao
Chris
8)

Mar

Post by Mar »

Well Chris,

the seats were nearly all occupied for the exeption of a few seats in bussiness class. So the loadfactor was nearly 100%.
Can this help to find out the name of the unknown stewardess :) ?

Regards
Marc

PS: for the moment still no name...... :(

Avro

Post by Avro »

Mar wrote: the seats were nearly all occupied for the exeption of a few seats in bussiness class. So the loadfactor was nearly 100%.
Many thanks for you answer Marc :)
Can this help to find out the name of the unknown stewardess :) ?
No unfortunately it can't :(
Isn't there one SN crew member and Luchtzak member who knows her ???????

Ciao
Chris
8)

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Mar,

check your PM-box.

greetings,

Bart
:banana:

Mar

Post by Mar »

Ladies and gentlemen.......... we have a name!!! :mexwave:

Thanks to Bart the unknown stewardess receives a name in this topic today.............................it is "Ruth. :D

Regards
Marc

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Now you can send her a nice lettre :) I wonder what her reaction will be :)