BRU-LCY-BRU with VLM

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Air_Lac

BRU-LCY-BRU with VLM

Post by Air_Lac »

I had the opportunity to fly once again to London City Airport (25/26 May).

Both flights were with VLM Fokker 50 OO-VLO (old colours).

BRU-LCY: VG155 load factor 35%, very good and friendly service. I sat first on row 12 - but there were NO windows...luckily enough I could change (as there were not many people in the aircraft). The flight lasted +/- 50 minutes. The approach on LCY was over London (landing on runway 10) which means a quite spectacular view of London, and Canary Wharf).

Aircraft spotted at LCY: Do328 Scot Airways, several Fokker 50 VLM (old colours, new colours and FET: OO-VLM), Avro 100 British Airways, BAe146-300 CityJet (Air France colours), Avro 100 swiss.

LCY-BRU: VG160 load factor 70% I sat on row 13 (I'm not supersticious ;-) ) Flight time was +/- 45 minutes. Good service again (Sandwich, drink, dessert, chocolate and coffee/tea). Uneventful flight otherwise (nice sunset).

I was hoping for a flight in the special livery aircraft OO-VLM or one of the new colours aircraft ... next time perhaps.

Air_Lac

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the report Air_Lac :)

Chris

Comet

Post by Comet »

Interesting. I was in row 12 of a VLM Fokker 50 last year, and I had a window - it was not the view I favour from the Fokker 50 because I prefer to be near the front to see the propeller and landing gear being raised and lowered.

London City does indeed have a superb approach, the best in the UK, especially if you get that superb sudden drop down over the Thames. The approach from the other side involves alot more turning but still offers good views.

The VLM crews are very friendly and professional, I have never faulted any of them. I have to say they are far better than the SNBA crew we had on our flight from Brussels to Birmingham - they were inefficient, putting it mildly, and I have to say that if we had had the same crew on our flight from Birmingham to Brussels then I would not have been praising SNBA like I have done! In short, I have only come across one good flight attendant on SNBA!

The sandwiches on VLM are nice, we had a cheese one when we flew, with the option of a chicken one as well if we wanted one. There was fresh fruit salad and a flaky pastry thing filled with chocolate chips - all in all very nice. We had chocolates handed out on both flights, whereas on SNBA only the steward we had on our outward flight bothered to hand out chocolate. Also on VLM, we had sweets handed out before take off on both journeys.

I have four more flights with SNBA this year. I hope they will be like our first one, and nothing at all like our second experience!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Thank you for this nice report Air_Lac.

I really would like to land in LCY myself, it seems to be wonderful!

ciao,
TriStar :wink: