Any experience with BMI (British Midland)?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
OO-SBZ

Any experience with BMI (British Midland)?

Post by OO-SBZ »

In late July I am probably flying BD (BMI British Midland) from Brussels to London LHR.

As a result, I was wondering if anyone has any experience of their economy class service.

My questions are
:arrow: Is the in-board service as good as SNBA's?
:arrow: What type do they fly to/from Brussels?
:arrow: Is the seat pitch generous?
:arrow: Where are the best (economy) seats? and the worst? (i.e. no window, non-reclinable seat, etc.)
:arrow: Do they still offer a free drink?

Regards

BeN :idea:

Avro

Post by Avro »

:arrow: What type do they fly to/from Brussels?
From london it's only A320's and A319's I think but I'm not sure :?

Chris

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

x during the week: A319/320/321
x weekends: mostly A319/320/ER4
x seat pitch: 32inch (try to sit as much upfront as possible to get the C-class seat pitch in the convertible C/Y rows; in an A320 in front of row 15 for example)
x service: during mealtime (early morning, noon, evening), a sandwich and a service is served. On all other flights: pretzels. Of course all with 1 drink service
x take BA for the better service ;) (always a sandwich, and in the afternoon, apple pie)

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Avro

Post by Avro »

Sabena_690 wrote: x take BA for the better service ;) (always a sandwich, and in the afternoon, apple pie)

And if you take SNBA's flight on Saturdays, you even get a friendly crew ;)

Chris
8)

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

my dad will fly them on july 4th to Dublin (via LHR).
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

Air_Lac

Post by Air_Lac »

I have flown with them several times but not recently - last time some 3 years ago...but I found their service then very good and friendly (one of the better ones)...it may have change though (my flights were before their coporate identity change - old colours/logo/name).

I flew bmi baby last year from East Midlands to Brussels...minimal service as usual for low cost carrier.

Air_Lac

concordino

Post by concordino »

BRU- LHR = 40 minutes flying - does it really matter what you get as you are hardly in the aircraft.

I can't find the link but didn't Meerkat fly bmi recently to LHR?

Concordino