Search a flight BRU-NCL (Newcastle)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Buzz

Search a flight BRU-NCL (Newcastle)

Post by Buzz »

I'm searching for the cheapest flight Belgium-Newcastle, this summer somewhere between 10th & 20th of july for my mother.
So far this is what I've come up with:
SNBA (direct): € 500 !!!! (looked on their site, is this a mistake?)
BA (via LHR) €289
Ryanair: CRL-DUB-NCL-DUB-CRL: € 110

If I would fly, I would take the four take-off's and landings, but it's for my mother, so a direct ticket would be better...
Can anyone find a cheaper fare somewhere? (excluding FR)
Is SNBA really that expancive for a one hour flight? You could fly to the USA & back for less than that!

Any help would be apreciated!
Buzz

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/albums/us ... oard01.jpg

€ 68!!!!! Also if you take a one-way ticket, it's € 68, even that whole week.

Passengers Fare Taxes Fees Number of passengers Total

Adult €136.00 €55.51 €0.00 1 €191.51

Now, I hope I'm correct :oops:
Last edited by blackhawk on 02 Jun 2004, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Comet

Post by Comet »

Expedia and lastminute.com are good - we booked trips from BHX-BRU (return) with both of them this year, and both times it cost us less than £100. They might be worth a look if you can't find anything cheaper yet.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

I checked on SNBA's site and came up with the same fares as Blackhawk. Thanks to the best buy tickets a one way ticket will cost you 68€.
In total with taxes it'll be a 191 € which is a good price if you ask me.

But you'll have to hurry, since those fares are best buy fares !!!!!
SNBA (direct): € 500 !!!! (looked on their site, is this a mistake?)
Are you sure you didn't looked for a business class seat ? ;)

Greetz
Chris
8)

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

You can leave in Q-class on Sunday July 11, and return on July 20.

The return is no problem, but only 2 seats are left in Q for July 11.

All this for SN.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Indeed you're right, I haven't looked good enough! I'll search better next time!
Still, If you don't get the best buy, it's €500 according to the screenshot!
That is alot!
thanx for the help!

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Thanks everyone, I found a Best Buy with SN for € 190, but my mother still prefered to take the €124 FR option, and see Dublin as an extra...
I would have prefered she took the SN flight, since connections with FR are allways a bit of a risk, but she has a day in Dublin outbound, and 3 hours inbound, so that will do I hope...

I didn't knew they had bestbuy tickets like that, so I've learned something!
Still there are very little BBtickets, and then the price jumps to €500 for an economy... I still think that is wild! What could possibly make a flight of an hour as expencive as a flight to NYC?

Thanks everyone for your help!
Buzz

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Buzz: first of all: €500 is a flexible ticket (economy unrestricted). You are comparing such a ticket with a restricted economy ticket to the US.

Secondly: the reason why the price went up like this, is probably because the flight is already very full.

3h for an FR connection? You can always try that... I did something simillar a year ago, but never would I do it again. Remember: a technical problem with the plane and you can forget about your connection. If there is still place on the second leg, your mother will have to pay for a new ticket (around €250 last minute??), and in the end, she will have paid much more than the easy direct flight.

Frederic

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Indeed, Ryanair never guarantees connections. If you miss one for whatever reason, the additional costs are on you, not on the airline.

Whereas a full service carrier will accommodate you (meals and hotel and telephone calls) free of charge if there is any problem.
André
ex Sabena #26567