Air Madrid A330-200 flying or not?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
A318

Air Madrid A330-200 flying or not?

Post by A318 »

I wonder if somebody has experience with the new carrier Air Madrid or knows somebody that flew with them already?
Reason I am asking is the fact that I want to book tickets with them to South America but the word is spreading they are in problems already.
I read stories from people that bought tickets to Cancun but Air Madrid anounced they will not fly them and promissed they were putting those people on another carrier, didn't happen yet.
Also people that suppose to fly to Lima with Air Madrid but now hear they probably will fly with Air Canada, not confirmed by Air Canada?
So as you will understand I am a little careful already now and hope that somebody can tell me a little more about this airline.
I do know two A330-200's are leased and delivered to Air Madrid.
So please tell me what you people know about them!

Thanks,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Erwin: I would watch out with those start-ups...

Unless you take insurance of course to avoid that you lose your money when they go bankrupt.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

A318

Post by A318 »

SNBrussels wrote:Dear,

For your info:

x Air Madrid hasn't integrated Cancun in its destination portfolio.
x Air Madrid will start operating with 2 332s as from 24th December 2004.
x The first Lima flight is scheduled 1st January 2005.
x For additional info, http://www.airmadrid.com
Very strange since you can book online already since May for all dates in 2004.
That's why people already have tickets for those dates in 2004.
298 pax in A330-200 is sitting with you knees in your neck I guess, or is there so much space in a A330-200???
@Frederic, I think you are right and I better book with Delta Airlines, never flew them before also but I guess it is just the average carrier, not too bad and not too good.

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal