SN to BRU Later Than I Thought!

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Comet

SN to BRU Later Than I Thought!

Post by Comet »

Okay - we have the "SN to BRU Earlier Than I Thought" thread, so here is the "SN to BRU Later Than I Thought" one :lol: :lol:

Yet another beer-inspired trip to Brussels! Last time it was one in March to replace the lost Sloeber and stock up on some impossible to obtain goldens. This time it is to obtain some of the impossible to get hold of Christmas-style brews!!

We decided on this on Sunday night (9th May) when we were discussing how nice it would be to spend Christmas in Belgium in order to sample all those Christmas beers. We thought it would be fun to jet over to Brussels again much later in the year for more unique beers. The hotel in Birmingham has been booked, the dog is going to kennels and we have finally booked our flights from Birmingham. We have SN2038 and SN2047, a copy of what we had on the 31st March - nice timings, perfect for us :mrgreen:

This is inspired by yet another foul up by our local "beer shop". A couple of years ago, they were advertising for people to order rare beers from them in time for Christmas. We thought this was superb, and we really went to town, ordering things like Sloeber, Rochefort 6, 8, 10, Ciney, Tongerlo, Ename, Jan van Gent, and Palm Dobbel (the Christmas offering from the Palm brewery). The first to arrive was Palm Speciale (they couldn't even get the order right :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ). Then we went in and they told us that they had Rochefort 8 and 10 (there would have been no mistake there because they haven't the knowledge about beer to say they had a rare one which in fact was not there!) We bought the 8, and decided to go back for the 10. The crass shop owner made the biggest mistake of her career with her next move. When we went to collect the 10, she denied it was there, and over the weeks made up all kinds of excuses like they had a new supplier, some was being held at Hull docks, and we have forgotten the number of times she told us the delivery van had broken down!!

They were stupid enough to sell my order of Rochefort 10 (one of my all time favourite beers) to someone else :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I won't repeat on here the names they were called for this, needless to say I spent that Christmas hoping they would go bankrupt :twisted:

When you have such a crap, pathetic establishment as your local excuse for a "beer shop", what else is there to do but have a flight over to Brussels and buy in the beers yourself (and that is much more fun than handing in an order to someone who could write down all they know about beer on a pin head :lol: )

So in November we have another trip to BHX, more spotting in BHX, a meal in Chez Leon and best of all two flights on an SNBA ARJ (I really hpe it will be the RJ anyway!! :lol: )

Belgium will then be my most visited country and SNBA the airline I have flown with most in one year!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

JetB

Post by JetB »

Hope to see you this time Louise, sinze you never post a real face pic :wink:

Comet

Post by Comet »

Bob - I shall be passing through BRU departures next time on 16th September.

(The last photo I had taken was really :oops: and I will not post it, even though VC10 thinks I should!)
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Nice to see you'll be coming back to BRU often ;)
Comet wrote: (The last photo I had taken was really :oops: and I will not post it, even though VC10 thinks I should!)
Go ahead and post it we don't mind ;) ;)

Greetz
Chris
8)

Comet

Post by Comet »

Chris - thanks for your comments - it's nice to be going back to BRU again :mrgreen:

The last photo is the one I had taken on my flight from BHX-BRU and I was embarrassed at having my photo taken because I didn't expect the steward to tell me to hand my camera over so he could take my photo! I just wish I'd got my own back on him and taken his photo :twisted: :lol:

VC10 says she will take a photo of me with Dexter the Labrador (if he will keep still long enough!) I just feel a prat when I have to pose :oops:
Louise

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Louise,
I posted a photo several times - doesn't hurt ;-)

Jutta.

Comet

Post by Comet »

OK I will find the nerve somewhere :lol: I just don't like being made to pose :oops:

Maybe a glass of beer would help :lol: :drink:

I had loads of photos taken in Belgium with beer, but they are either badly focussed or the lighting is bad if they are indoors.

One thing is sure, no more SN staff are going to take my photo on aircraft! :lol:

I hope our flights will be the ARJ in November because that type is better than the Airbus for photos.
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

Okay - I added some photos to this thread https://www.aviation24.be/postt4210.html . They are at the end so you have plenty of time to psych yourselves up before you come to them :twisted:

The first one was taken in Brugge by VC10 and the second one was taken by Carlos the steward on our flight the other week.

Don't say I didn't warn you :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back to the topic - our tickets for the November flights arrived this morning :mrgreen:
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

Checking the online timetable for November, both my flights are scheduled by Avro RJ85, so I am pleased about that :mrgreen:

I hope we don't get lumbered with the A319 :(
Louise

JetB

Post by JetB »

Great Louise, nice pic's..... anyway, everybody has a face you know ? :wink:

I'm going to post my pic soon, that way you guys dont have to ask my co-workers where I am ( isnt that true André !!! ha ha :) )

Comet

Post by Comet »

BobClaes wrote:Great Louise, nice pic's..... anyway, everybody has a face you know ? :wink:

I'm going to post my pic soon, that way you guys dont have to ask my co-workers where I am ( isnt that true André !!! ha ha :) )
Thanks for your comments about the photos Bob.

And what's the tale with Andre? :lol:
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:And what's the tale with Andre? :lol:
Private joke between Bob and myself.

Last week I was twice going through security at BRU, and I asked for Bob. Nobody knew him :lol:

Does he really work for Securair :?:
André
ex Sabena #26567