BRU-BCN with IB (11-05-2004)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:Did you find the A320 comfortable?
The A320 is comfortable, indeed: since it width is higher than on the B737, passengers have more shoulder room.

In the IB outfit, seats are covered with fabrics. Some people prefer that to leather; I don't. I prefer the leather of LH and SN. But that's a personal taste...
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:I'm quite surprised to see that SN's fare was twice as much as IB
Now, that was the quote of my travel agency; a colleague of mine had an SN ticket on the very same flights, and he paid 40 € more than me.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Tristar500 wrote:Just a little question about the service, were the F/A's nice? or did they give you an arrogant impression?
I ask this, because my sister is a regular flyer with Iberia, and she told me that she finds the F/A's very unfriendly and arrogant, specially the older ones.
My experience was quite positive. No arrogance at all from the F/As. I could even get a smile :)

Airlines must realise that arrogance will bring them nowhere in a world of competition.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

When are we going to read the report of your return flight on SNBA?
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:When are we going to read the report of your return flight on SNBA?
As soon as my job leaves me enough time you'll read three reports: return from BCN to BRU on an SN A319, BRU-MAN on the same SN A319 (SSG) the next day and return from MAN on an SN Avro RJ85 the same day.

Three for the price of one!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Three SNBA reports to come? Brilliant, I can't wait to read them (seriously!)

The Airbus isn't a regular on the Manchester route is it? I really hope it is not operating my flights between MAN and BRU :cry: I am hoping for the Avro, but at least I have my BHX flights in November so if I'm unlucky in September I can hope for the Avro again a few weeks later.
Louise

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Avro's are indeed quite regular between MAN and BRU, especially on the morning flight

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Comet

Post by Comet »

I have just checked on the SNBA website, and the aircraft scheduled for my flight number from MAN is indeed the A319 :cry: That is gross!!! It is extremely difficult to get good photos and video from the Airbus owing to the low wing.

I had always thought that SN2173/SN2174 was operated mostly by the Avro?

At least my return flight from Brussels is listed as the Avro RJ85, as are my BHX flights.

I can only hope that the Avro will be scheduled instead of the Airbus :cry:
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Louise,

I don't understand you :confused:

A couple of weeks ago you wrote this:
I was holding out for an A319 on my outward flight, as I know that SNBA operate the type into BHX. I like the ARJ, but I will be going on some in September, and it would have been nice to have my first flight in an A319.
And now you write the following:
Comet wrote:I have just checked on the SNBA website, and the aircraft scheduled for my flight number from MAN is indeed the A319 :cry: That is gross!!! It is extremely difficult to get good photos and video from the Airbus owing to the low wing.

I can only hope that the Avro will be scheduled instead of the Airbus :cry:
Aren't you happy to get an A319 ??? Could you please stick with one opinion, or is it always like that with you ;)

BTW fropm the A319 you can also do great pictures and videos. You just have to be in the back or in the front.

Greetings
Chris
8)

Comet

Post by Comet »

Chris - it's complicated but I don't always switch opinions like that :lol:

When I wrote my first piece about wanting the A319 from BHX, I had only had one flight in a SN Avro (with Sabena). On that flight we had possibly the worst view you could get in an Avro - the front engine view, and we could hardly see a thing because of the engine blocking the way, so I was unable to take photos on that flight (except for one of the engine!)

On my ARJ flight out of BHX I discovered just how delightful the Avro is when you want to get photos and video through the window, thanks to a friendly steward I got the best view I have ever had on an aircraft for taking photos.

When I have flown on the Airbus, though I like the type, it is never as easy to get photos and video without the wing or the engine getting in the way. So while I do like the Airbus, I discovered that I like the Avro better. And I do like those leather seats in the Avro as well, very comfortable.

Hope that answers your question :mrgreen:
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Hope that answers your question :mrgreen:
Yes, it does ;)

But now let's go back to the topic. Sorry I went :offtopic:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:Avro's are indeed quite regular between MAN and BRU, especially on the morning flight
Avros are the normal aeroplanes for ALL Manchester flights (BA and SN). In May only this week has seen an A319 scheduled for the SN morning flight. The afternoon and evening SN flights are still Avros.

Yesterday I flew to MAN with the very same OO-SSG that took me back from Barcelona. Meanwhile it had gone to Casablanca and me for a short night stop at home.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I've just uploaded the pic of the IB breakfast. Go back to the first message of the thread to see it.

Bart, can you move it to the Airline meal section of Coppermine?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

I have just checked the online timetable for SNBA for week beginning 6th September, and SN2174 is now shown as being operated by Avro RJ100 aircraft. I hope that will stay because that is bloody brilliant!!!!!!!

As well as having the superior view, the ARJ also has better seating configuration with the two abreast side being my favourite side of the plane.
Louise

A318

Post by A318 »

Avro wrote:
Comet wrote: That doesn't only happen on Iberia, it also happens on SNBA! The crews on VLM always greet passengers though!! :twisted:
Soory Louise, but I don't understand you anymore. I have no problem at all with your opinion or whatsoever, but please stick with your opinion instead of switching every few days. One day you are the number one SNBA fan telling that SNBA is better than VLM, and the other day you are the number one VLM fan telling that VLM is better than SNBA :!: :roll:

I can't follow you anymore :confused:

Greetz
Chris
8)
I thought I was the only one that noticed this, like I said before even the weather is more stable :mrgreen:

@Tristar500, Totally agree with your sister, that's what I hated on the IB flights I made, really a bunch of farmers with IB.
On the other hand, flying with them to Peru saves you between the € 200,-and € 400,- for 2 person instead of flying with KLM.
For €200,- I can pick up my drink in the back galley myself :D

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Comet

Post by Comet »

I will try and explain myself again :mrgreen:

When I wrote what Avro quoted about SNBA and VLM, I was not very happy (putting it mildly) that I had just booked four more flights with SNBA this year, only to read all that about the threat of a strike, which would mean me losing hell of alot of money I would not be able to reclaim. I wrote it on the spur of the moment according to my mood at the time (not good at all :evil: )

Now I have had time to think about what I said I don't mean it :oops:

And the thing about Avro v A319 - I genuinely prefer the ARJ after my flight the other week. I said I would like an A319 before I had the flight, but when I had flown on the Avro from BHX-BRU I decided I preferred the Avro - that's all.

It's like my favourite beer used to be Chimay Blue, but after I tried Sloeber I decided I preferred Sloeber - exactly the same logic, just encountering something you like better.
Louise

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Erwin, Chris (and anybody else who sometimes can't understand where Comet is at) please don't even try!!! :) :) :) :)

I've known her all her life :) :) :) and I sometimes can't bloody well understand her either!!!!! So worry not my friends!!! :wink: :wink:

Anyway all this was :offtopic: , so now onto Andre's flight report, which I enjoyed reading very much. :lol: :lol:
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha