The "let us know Superfares" Topic !

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
stefanel

Re: The "let us know Superfares" Topic !

Post by stefanel »

Treeper wrote:Like a month ago, I saw a KLM RT fare AMS to HKG for 158EUR. Probably a mistake, 40minutes later it was gone and back to 580 or so. I was just following the prices from AMS or BRU to HKG on TripAdvisor. The booking link was via expedia, and I went till the page where I needed to give my CC number, so I could've booked it I guess. My question though: if you would be lucky to book such a mistake, can they ask you after payment to pay the actual price?
yes, they can. I once bought a 248€ ticket to Cartagena + Bogota from Madrid, the payment got accepted, but after one day I got a message from the website (lastminute or similar) saying there was no more availibility at this price. And they refunded me! I have no idea whether this is legal or not but I was frustrated...

stefanel

Re: The let us know Superfares Topic !

Post by stefanel »

airtrainer wrote:
airazurxtror wrote: As a FRrequent user, I own a Mastercard Prepaid and the CRL-BUD-CRL I have just bought cost me exactly 0,78 euro.
Are you using a Moneybookers MasterCard ? Once again mine was declined this morning, two weeks ago I tried to add funds and nothing worked... I'm really thinking about another option like the Bpost prepaid card...

By the way, fares are now at 2,15€ on the BUD route, available for a couple of dates in september and october.
I have a Viking Prepaid Mastercard and since the beginning it never worked once in 4 months ! Except last Monday, the website added by mistake the 6€ fee although I selected Prepaid and I only realized it after clicking on PURCHASE NOW and it worked right away, of course. I wrote Viking many times but they find no solution. And this time I wrote Ryanair to ask for some explanations and the refund of this unduly charged 6€.

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

regi wrote: Could an airline perform overbooking and bumping the cheap price paying passengers, paying back the cheap ticket ?
Don't think they would do that as the bumped passengers are entitled to receive a compensation.

airtrainer

Re: The let us know Superfares Topic !

Post by airtrainer »

stefanel wrote: I have a Viking Prepaid Mastercard and since the beginning it never worked once in 4 months ! Except last Monday, the website added by mistake the 6€ fee although I selected Prepaid and I only realized it after clicking on PURCHASE NOW and it worked right away, of course. I wrote Viking many times but they find no solution. And this time I wrote Ryanair to ask for some explanations and the refund of this unduly charged 6€.
Last week I emailed Moneybookers after my failed attempt, got an answer one within one hour saying that everything seemed to be fine after they checked my account. I tried again and it worked...

Good luck trying to get your money back from FR.

Tomskii

Post by Tomskii »

mmmpfh no superfares on *A atm? for september or so. Would like to make a little day-miles saving trip

Treeper

Post by Treeper »

I just noticed this one on twitter (via @Stijn_Verbeeck):
Attachments
superdeal.png
superdeal.png (165.93 KiB) Viewed 11263 times

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Mind you, you can find regular tickets from BRU to MIA for 460 euro with just one stop at numerous airlines, so I don't think a self-created BRU-GVA-FCO-MIA / MIA-FCO-MXP-BRU is a superdeal if you factor in that the 2 additional flights to connect to this itinerary are going to cost you another 130 euro or so in the very best case, especially if you take into account you'll likely want to take with you some luggage on your holiday to Florida.

Is anybody really willing to deal with all the extra time, effort and risk for just 50 euro and risk missing a connection and thus the whole journey????

fcw

Post by fcw »

Qatar offers great fares (between 450€ and 500€ return) from MXP to BKK,MLE, HKG, NRT, KUL and more. Book before friday.

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

fcw wrote:Qatar offers great fares (between 450€ and 500€ return) from MXP to BKK,MLE, HKG, NRT, KUL and more. Book before friday.
Aeroflot and LOT have +/- 500 Euro fares to Asia, from AMS and / or BRU on some selected dates, so no need to go to Milan.

BUT.... Qatar is cheap to Australia. 750 Euro IS cheap, I admit.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair; in january : a lot of flights Charleroi-Budapest Ferihegy and Budapest-Charleroi priced at 0,99 euro.
A few Charleroi-Warsaw Modlin and Warsaw-Charleroi at 0,29 euro.
Last edited by airazurxtror on 07 Oct 2012, 18:39, edited 2 times in total.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Alitalia Mistake Fares Gives Free Flights,Then Cancels

A promo code on Alitalia’s Japanese web site over the weekend discounted flights by $315, making some shorter-haul flights free.

Brian Kelly, aka “The Points Guy” was able to book a flight from Rome to Milan — typically $149 — for free with the promotion code.

“Alitalia has been offering a lot of promotions and discounts recently, so a $315 promo code didn’t seem that strange,” he said. But Kelly, and all the others who booked flight using the promo code, received emails from the airline stating:

“Thank you for choosing alitalia.com. We regret to inform you that your ticket purchase has not been processed. Any amount debited on your account, will be credited back.”

This is far from the first time an airline has published error fares and then not honored them. Over the summer, United Airlines sold flights from New York City to Hong Kong for four miles and $43 and then cancelled the tickets.

But Kelly said some airlines are better about honoring mistake fares than others. Delta Airlines once had a system-wide glitch that dropped all taxes and fuel surcharges from airfare to Stockholm and Copenhagen. The result was flights under $150. Kelly estimates thousands of people took advantage. Delta honored all the tickets.

And despite not honoring this summer’s rock-bottom fares to Hong Kong, United has in the past honored error fares. The airline once dropped a zero from a fare, making business-class fares to Asia $1,000 instead of $10,000. Those people were able to use their tickets.

Source: ABC News
André
ex Sabena #26567

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Latest update :
Concerning the AZ flights, alitalia will fly everyone who had paid at least 0,01 cent !!!
All who paid zero get anything..
Pity my booking didn't get through the system last saturday.. altough my japanese improved ..

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello

Jethopper offers you a flight from Brussels-Biggin Hill on the 5th of November for 167 euro p.p
If you are interested send me a pm.

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

Up to 20% discount on all LOT flights.

Terms and conditions here : http://www.lot.com/us/en/web/newlot/lot20off

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

Massive sale on Air Asia for travel between may and september 2013. From what I've heard, they are offering free seats (only taxes and charges to be paid) on varions destinations. Expect some delays on airasia.com, more info on their Facebook page...

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Boeing addicts :

On the ebookers site the BRU-WAW-BRU is bookable for 104 euro. (two times B787).
5/6 january
I paid 180 euro via LOT.com !!

For those who want to join the dreamliner club ;)

thx to quixoticguide..

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It's obviously more difficult to fill a B787 than an E195!

Now on lot.com these same flights are at 95.11 € for a return !!!
André
ex Sabena #26567

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

via http://www.paperflies.com/#/order-form/ ... tails.html

75 euro for AMS-WAW (retour) but flight numbers are LO233 and LO234 that's the BRU-WAW flightnumber?
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

Air Seychelles is selling flights from Paris to Hong Kong via Abu Dhabi for 295,- Euro and up – round trip incl. taxes.

The flights are also available for departures from London Heathrow and Manchester for £317 & up.

The flights to Abu Dhabi are operated by Etihad Airways, from Abu Dhabi you continue with Air Seychelles to Hong Kong. The fare is valid for travel commencing between 24 March 2013 and 10th December 2013. You have to book by 18 February 2013.

Please be aware that you have a 14 – 21 hour stopover on the outbound flight !!!

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Sounds like a superb deal, but I can't find it on their website. Where can you book it?
Thomas