Eclipse flight with SNBA (SN1022)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Avro

Eclipse flight with SNBA (SN1022)

Post by Avro »

Around 20h we (my brother and myself) arrived at the airport. We directly went to the check in counter and got our boarding passes. We were one of the first to arrive. Having our boarding passes, we waited approximately 10-15 min. to meet Bottie, but unfortunately we didn't found him. So we decided to go to the A-Pier (gate 44) and watch some planes from the terminal.
The boarding was announced to be at 21h05, which ment that we would still have a good 45 min to spot from the terminal.

As we arrived in the terminal, it was really quite, there were not many flights departing, which ment not much people around either :( .

We immediately saw that OO-SSG would be the lucky one and continued to look around in the terminal. Unfortunately there weren't any special planes. Some of SNBA, VEX, TCB and that's nearly everything :( . It was very difficult to take some pictures out of the terminal, since there were a lot of reflections from the lights :( .

Anyway, as we came back from our walk in the terminal, we heard something funny out of the speakers in the pier. The guy said there were 3 missing passengers on the Strassbourg flight. The name were ..., ... AND PRODI :lol: Would this be the Prodi from the European comission :roll:

Then, after the little walk around, we finally arrived at our gate (again) and saw all the people waiting for the flight. There we finally met Bottie :) .

At around 21h05 we then smoothly boarded the plane, and sat down in the comfortable seats of the A319. I got the middle seat 8E and not 8D as initially planned, since I was able to swap places :) . Next to me was brusselsairport (another member). After that, the crew made the usual announcments and we got the saftey demonstartion via the screens. (Note to Mr. SN: the translations on the screens are quite small, for people sitting 2 rows behind the screen)

The demonstartion was followed by another funny thing. The pilot made his announcment and told us that our flight would depart from Brussels with destination BRUSSELS :lol:

10 min. too late we then finally departed, on rnwy 25R. (A big thanks goes to the capatin, who was very kind and gave the pax many information - like rnwy usuage, speed etc ...).
We then flew to Knokke, and made some circles between Knokke and Koksijde. The inital altitude was FL24 but we then climbed to FL27, to avoid the clouds.
The flight itself was uneventful and normal.
In the begining, you were able to see a beautiful sunset from the plane (Of course I took some pics 8) ), but it quickly became very dark....
Since the TV crews were constantly filming from the cockpit, I also went to the cockpit to make some shots. Unfortunately I didn't had much space since the cameraman was standing right in front of me :( :evil: .

After a few circles over the belgian coast, we went back to BRU. On our way back, we got a drink service from the crew :thumbsup:. They were very friendly (one FA even recognized my Luchtzak T-shirt :mrgreen: ) . Again I managed to swap seats and got a window seat (10A) on our way back.

Row 10 is perfect since it's the emergency exit row, and you have much more space and a great view. (Advice: If travelling with the A319 of SN, don't take row 7, since you wont have a good window) .

The approach and landing were uneventful (rnwy 25R), and we finally arrived at our gate (A68) at 22h45.

It was a great flight, and I would like to thank the crew for being so friendly (as usual on SN) :)

I've made some pics and I'll try to upload them tonight (I'm still at university for the moment).

I also have some requests (registrations!!! ) but will post them tonight.

Regards
Chris
8)

Avro

Post by Avro »

After the plane came back at BRU. We still made some spotting inside the terminal. We saw 2 IB's next to each other. 2 AZ's next to each other. 2 LH's next to each others, 1 TAP and 1 SAS.

It was quite funny to see all those planes being sorted by companies :P

Oh, one more think. Needless to say the Loadfactor was 100% :mrgreen:

Greetz
Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Please note that Air_Lac made a report on the same flight in this thread.

It is interesting to compare :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

André,

I know, but I started the other topic, for a meeting point at the airport.

For the flight report I thought that a tpoic in the appropriate forum would have been better, that's why I posted it here ;)

Chris

Avro

Post by Avro »

I've uploaded some pictures on coppermine:

First of all 2 impression shots of the sunset:

Image Click here to see a larger picture.

And know OO-SSG in action:

Image Click hereto see a larger picture.

Image Click here to see a alrger picture

And to finsih I've taken a picture of a very funny SNBA advert inside the A-Pier:

To see some more pictures you can go on : http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/thumbnails.php?album=151

I hope you'll like them ;)

Greetz
Chris
8)

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Chris,

that's a very nice report you made! I am 200% sure you enjoyed every moment of it! And thanks for wearing the luchtzak T-shirt :mrgreen: !!

greetings,

Bart
:rock:

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

The movie of the eclipse is now available via this download (I hope it works for non-Telenet users too), movie is coming from the 'VRT nieuwsdienst' or www.vrtnieuws.net

greetings,

Bart
:rock:

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Unfortunately you have to be a Telenet customer to see the broadband video, so I could only see the lower quality version.

I saw myself in the video :!:
Actually I saw the display of my camera, in the last few seconds of the video :!: And if you see a head next to a display that's mine :D

ciao,
TriStar :wink:

Avro

Post by Avro »

luchtzak wrote:Chris,

that's a very nice report you made! I am 200% sure you enjoyed every moment of it! And thanks for wearing the luchtzak T-shirt :mrgreen: !!
Thanks Bart :)
And indeed I enjoyed the flight very much :mrgreen:

Chris

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Excellent report Chris!

I'm glad it was such a nice experience...

Very funny SN ad! :mrgreen:

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Comet

Post by Comet »

Great report Chris, I'm glad you enjoyed your flight. If we had been in Belgium at the time we would have tried to get tickets for the trip.

And lucky you having one of those Luchtzak tee shirts - I think they look great :mrgreen:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Welcome SNBrussels (I'm the first one this time :D)

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for all your nice words :)
And lucky you having one of those Luchtzak tee shirts - I think they look great
I know ;) and I still have the old version - limited edition :mrgreen:

Hi SNBrussels :) Welcome on this great site. I suppose you work for SN ;)
I hope you enjoyed the SN operated flight.
Of course I did, it was perfect like the 3 other flights I've been on with SN :thumbsup: .

Greetz
Chris
8)

VC10

Post by VC10 »

That's a great report Chris, with some lovely pics too!!

You were very lucky to get to see the eclipse like that, wish we'd had the chance.

Louise is going to try and download the video later, so I can't wait to see that either. :) :) :)
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks Trisha :)

BTW I didn't post any picture of the moon itself, because they weren't good at all, since I have no big zoom yet.

Chris

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

I'll try to make a small file of what I filmed on bioard, and I'll send it to Bart for uploading in the dbase....

ciao,
TriStar :wink:

flightsimboy

Post by flightsimboy »

Great Report Avro :D Loved your pics included in the report 8)

Avro

Post by Avro »

flightsimboy wrote:Great Report Avro :D Loved your pics included in the report 8)
Thanks for your kind words flightsimboy.

Chris

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Great report. I'd give it a :thumbsup2: . The pics were great also! I love the ones of the sunset.
Onward and Upward...