A ride on Barbies new airplane VIE-ZRH 29.04.2004

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Jumbolino

A ride on Barbies new airplane VIE-ZRH 29.04.2004

Post by Jumbolino »

As I decided to visit my husband in ZRH this weekend I decided to leave the small European Union yesterday from VIE to ZRH with Helvetic and coming back on sunday with SkyEurope to Bratislava in the new bigger EU
by they way let the ten new member say Hello and send them a warm welcome this way.
Well, back to the topic I booked the helvetic flight via internet 2 weeks ago because no suitable priced Swiss or OS tkt where left (and due to the special weekend and due to the facts that I have gotten a suitable fare with Sky Europe I decided to take them back) without any problems, printed out the Barbie colored confirmation sheet and left my working place in the middle of Vienna yesterday about 5 pm.
Took the underground to the train station Wien Mitte and due to the facts that I had plenty of time left I saved a few bucks and didn't take the City Airport Train - I took the normal (S7) instead and paid only 1.5 for the station Schwechat->Airport :lol: .
The train arrived Vienna International Airport on time and the check-in wasn't opened yet so I bought a salmon sandwich and a beer as well as a magazine ("Der Spiegel 1. Mai Das NEUE Europa") and a few minutes after I heard that the passport control area was closed due to unattantant luggage, which was taken away by the police (not bombed away by fireman like in DUS some years ago) :? .
Afterwards I Checked in and asked for the load factor - 20 noises for a Fokker 100 :oops: but the girl told me at sundays they are mostly full.
And the "load factor" on Vienna airport was very, very good thursday afternoon - seems that many people fly home thursday evening instead of friday like I did mostly in my DUS times.
Passport control was done my a wink threw as well as no probs or queues at the security control (A gates but not by finger, downstairs by bus A11 in the middle between a flight to Timosoara as well as a Adria Airways flight to Ljubiljana). Boarding began 30 minutes prior to departures and you can estimate with 20 guys it was done very quick and so we spend some times in the plane because we didn't get an earlier slot than this one we claimed before or better the timetable said). The captain welcomed us personally onboard as well as 3 female crew members
and one of them controlled the boarding pass again - hey yopu cannot enter a wrong plane if you see this one !!!!
Engines where started on time and we taxied away
quick climbed into the mountains but with a bewautiful overview of europe during the whole flight
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/552903/M/
Afterwards they offered some snacks against a few bucks - I paid 6.50 EUR (oh my dear they had problems with EUR as well .... :twisted: )
for two thon (thunfish) sandwiches and a *cat piss* Heineken :evil:
We flew over Munich and the captain announced that one the right hand we can see the city of Munich and that he had began his decent to Zurich.
Oh well, what a beautiful city all the lights and beautiful weather without any clouds a skyline pretty like never seen before - I tried to take a pic but unfortunatly it didn't work :cry:
Decent into ZRH was a bit tubulent but I felt two times asleep like a little child in it's baby-weighs :lol:
and Barbie find a new home - ZRH Airport
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/565214/M/
after us came another Helvetic plane and all others where still there 8)
entering the airport again per bus and passport control was quick but no wink threw and I reached the next train downtown Zurich and came to out flat in Spreitenbach 23:30 yesterday and slept today until half past 10 :lol:
Other trip rep's will follow soon as well as my flight number 200 is coming sooner - well SNBA announces "180 ehrliche Euro" - on nearly every place in Vienna and there office is nearby my one downtown Vienna :roll:

Wish all a nice weekend
Jumbolino.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thank you for your "colourful" report, Jumbolino.

How much did you pay for your ticket?

Looking forward to reading your return trip report.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Hi André,
I paid 99 EUR for the tkt and 18 EUR for taxes.
Well and they assigned me seat 17F which was nearly over the wings so I took 18F myself - was no problem with THIS loadfactor :-)
Wish you a nice weekend and visit me sometimes in Vienna :-)

Jutta.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for this very nice report Jutta :P
It's really funny to see that they still have problems with the Euro convertion. :roll:

But except this, is the service ok ?

Greetz
Chris
8)

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Service is ok AND very personal ;-)
Nowhere any probs neither check-in neither boarding and more than enough of crew members :-)
Yeah and if you're lfying mostly within the EU you should be aware that the people like to pay in Euros ;-)

Oh well, off-topic I've gotten yesterday my xDSL stuff and telecom Austria will unbundle the connection Monday morning so if I'm lucky I've INTERNET at home again Monday evening :-) :-) :-)

A318

Post by A318 »

Nice report and a nice airline with a beautiful airplane, thanks!

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Thx for this nice report.
So it appears that the flying raspberries are quite good :D

I'll try to spot one in BRU some day.

ciao,
TriSttar :wink:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

L-1011 wrote:So it appears that the flying raspberries are quite good :D
I'll try to spot one in BRU some day.
Hurry up, they will stop flying after 9 May!
André
ex Sabena #26567

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

I liked the report. Are the seats on Helvetic pink too?
Onward and Upward...

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Thanks for the nice report Jumbolino! I saw our pink friend this morning BTW!

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

@Trevor No, the seat's aren't pink but the headrests are - seats itself are grey to avoid you to bring a few bucks to the eye doctor's after the flight ;-)

@Bart hurry up if you like to see our pink friends more often ;-)
btw. Sky europe was my flight number 194 and I booked another return trip with Niki on behalf of Air Berlin - more or - less for the end of the months so that I'll count at the end of this months 196 flights - if I want flight no 200 with SNBA I should hurry up and buy a tkt - btw. SNBA advertisment is great - I saw 3 today when I left my home for work :-)

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

sn26567 wrote:Hurry up, they will stop flying after 9 May!
Will they stop flying alltogether or just stop flying to BRU?
Onward and Upward...

Avro

Post by Avro »

nwa757 wrote:
sn26567 wrote:Hurry up, they will stop flying after 9 May!
Will they stop flying alltogether or just stop flying to BRU?
They will only stop the flights to BRU.

Don't worry if you go to Zürich, you'll still be able to see some of them ;)

But there are 2 major problems with Helvetic, which they immediately need to improve, otherwise they'll have a lot of difficulties to survive.
:arrow: They claim to be low cost, but their fares aren't low at all :!:
:arrow: They make no advertising at all :!:

BTW the sunny destinations are doing quite well I think.

Greetings
Chris
8)

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

the sunny destinations ARE doing quite well,
but can you survive with only two routes which works ?
and no advertisement - and not listed in major booking systems (so a nor neither) is also not the right way ....

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote: :arrow: They claim to be low cost, but their fares aren't low at all :!:
The fares CANNOT be low at ZRH, the airport that has the highest taxes in Europe!
André
ex Sabena #26567

A318

Post by A318 »

Advertising is not really needed to be succesfull, look at Ryanair, no adds but full planes.
Besides that Denim Airways is doing pretty good in Germany also and do people hear so much about them besides my avatar?????
Good companies will sell themselves and do not always need advertisement campaigns.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Bur, Erwin, you are a living advertisement for Denim Air ;-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

A318

Post by A318 »

sn26567 wrote:Bur, Erwin, you are a living advertisement for Denim Air ;-)
Okay Andre that's true but aren't a lot of people in forums using avatars to show others where they are of feel connected with?
Ofcourse it is always nice to give your company some free advertisement since it is simple, when the company does a good job you will profit from it also, but I mean no adds in newspapers, tv commercials etc.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

A318 wrote:Advertising is not really needed to be succesfull, look at Ryanair, no adds but full planes.
Besides that Denim Airways is doing pretty good in Germany also and do people hear so much about them besides my avatar?????
Good companies will sell themselves and do not always need advertisement campaigns.
I don't really agree with you. In the beginning of your airline you'll have to make some kind of advertisment somewhere. How could people know that your airline exists, if they don't make any advertisment. Especially if it's a low cost carrier, which only works via internet bookings. :roll:

As far as I know, Ryanair does some advertisment in the news papers regularely.

Chris

A318

Post by A318 »

Chris, that is from the latest months as far as I know but Ryanair in the beginning got it's advertisement only from their customers. Maybe some Irish or British forum users can tell us more about it.
I think Helevetic did the same but I don't know if they advertised in their home base city.

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal