BRU-MAN-BRU with SNBA

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
firrech

BRU-MAN-BRU with SNBA

Post by firrech »

I flew on SNBA from BR to manchester on 4 April and return on 18 April. And nothing to say about the service! Cabin crew from SNNBA are exceptionnal (porfessionnalism, helpfull, uniform, ...).
And the chocolate from NEUHAUS of course.
I think the best european regional airline.

Note the two flight were full.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Firrech,

Thanks for your report. I am one of the frequent travellers on BRU-MAN and vv, both on SN and BA. Needless to say I prefer by far the SN aircraft arrangement (5 seats abreast in an Avro, vs 6 on BA). Service is great and food are OK on both airlines.

How do you like the Brussels Bistro packs?
André
ex Sabena #26567

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

I also fly the BRU-MAN-BRU alot, prefer SN mainly for the better seating in the Avro's! Bistro packs are great alot better than prevoius SN food it has to be said. Hope you enjoyed the short but sweet flight, I always do! Last time managed to get on an Avro there, then an A319 on the way back and I have to say the 319 was great alot more comfortable than the Avro but hey the all fly and thats all that counts.
Happy landings!

Emirates

Comet

Post by Comet »

I fly MAN-BRU-MAN in September, hopefully that will be an Avro rather than an A319, the viewing is better in the Avro because of the high wing, but with an Avro you need to be as far back as you can get because the engines get in the way if you're too near the front.

I won't be using MAN next year though, we will fly from BHX in future because it is a better airport by far and spotting is better.

As for the Brussels Bistro - :pukey: I hate it. Stingy, tasteless modge in a box, the food on Sabena was better.

And you are right about the crews, they are great, and better than VLM!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for this report firrech.
It's nice to see tha those flights were full :P

About the meals:
I never had the Brussels Bistro, but had the older ones. From what I see, there is a big improvment in the variety. With the old concept you would get the same sandwich at nearly any hour of the day. From now on you'll get a small snack (vegetables with dip sauce etc...) at around 5pm, you'll get more cakes in the afternoon, more fruit and croissant's in the morning and so on. I can't judge the food quality (since I didn't taste the new ones yet), but the presentation (saw the pictures) and the fact that they select the meal for the hour of the day is IMHO a great improvment.
But that's only my opinion.

Greetz
Chris
8)
Last edited by Avro on 21 Apr 2004, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

You are absolutely right, Chris. I fully enjoyed the variety of the 4 Brussels Bistro meals (sandwich, salad, apple pie, ...) I had until now. Only Louise seems to complain...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

My experience of Brussels Bistro modge in a box:

On a morning flight - a cheese sandwich.

On an evening flight - two cheese sandwiches.

On the morning flight - Belgian chocolates handed out.
On the evening flight - no Belgian chocolates handed out but a tiny piece of Twix in the modge box. At least on Sabena I got a full Twix bar and some Belgian chocolate.
Louise

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

At carsurvey.org, there is a review of an april 2004 flight from Manchester - MAN to Muenchen (Munich) - MUC, and the person also mentions the Bistro Meal.

Very good set of flights from SN Brussels Airlines. The new Brussels Bistro concept for catering is tasty and in four flights over four days I was never served the same menu twice. The Belgian chocolates are a particularly nice touch.
The crew are courteous and efficient though not intrusive. The leather seating is generally comfortable although my seat on one aircraft was broken and wouldn't stay in the upright position. All flights departed bang on time and arrived early at the destination.
Brussels is a pleasant airport to transfer through, plenty of facilities, shops etc... although beware the long walk from Terminal A to Terminal B! Overall very enjoyable, I would recommend SN Brussels Airlines.

http://www.carsurvey.org/air/review_8199.html

Comet

Post by Comet »

If you read my report of BHX-BRU you would know that I have nothing but praise for the service on SNBA, my complaint is the modge in a box concept. What rubbish is served up in the guise of food cannot be blamed on the crews, who I really cannot fault.

I don't want anyone on here to think that I do not like SNBA!!!

Read my views here:

https://www.aviation24.be/postt4300.html

Do not imply that I don't like SNBA just because I do not like eating modge.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Again, from all the people surveyed, only Comet seems to blame the Brussels Bistro food. But maybe the concept of gastronomy is not the same in continental Europe and the UK?

Louise, could you please define 'modge' ? That's a word I did not find in my big Harraps English-French dictionary. It is also not in these pure English on-line dictionaries:

Merriam Webster: http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?b ... &x=17&y=13
Cambridge: http://dictionary.cambridge.org/results ... &image.y=8

Afterwards, I gave up...
Last edited by sn26567 on 21 Apr 2004, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

I would have thought that "the concept of gastronomy" was the same the world over, ie that food has a bloody taste to it!

Modge = a pile of something which is supposed to be edible but is lacking in both taste and aroma and also visual appeal.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:Modge = a pile of something which is supposed to be edible but is lacking in both taste and aroma and also visual appeal.
Is that a definition from Comet's English dictionary? :lol:

:oops: Sorry, I'm :offtopic:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Comet wrote: I don't want anyone on here to think that I do not like SNBA!!!
Nobody in here ever said that you don't like SNBA :!: We just wonder why everybody likes the new brussels bistro concept except for you . :confused:

How did your mum like the food on board ?

Maybe it's just you who expected too much !!!

Chris

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Avro wrote:

How did your mum like the food on board ?

Maybe it's just you who expected too much !!!

Chris
Hi Chris...

I'm afraid I have to say that I agree with Louise on this (although I'm not sure I'd call it "Modge" see below..)

I also thought that the meals on SNBA were miserly and bland, but like Louise I thought that the overall standard of the crew was nothing short of excellent!!!! :lol: :lol:

Louise, could you please define 'modge' ?
Hi Andre...

In my humble opinion, the definition of the descriptive noun "Modge" should read "of the consistency of thick sludge or porridge" so I don't know where Louise gets her idea that the term fits the description of a SNBA meal. It may, or may not be a definition found in the Comet Dictionary. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

Avro

Post by Avro »

VC10 wrote: Hi Chris...

I'm afraid I have to say that I agree with Louise on this (although I'm not sure I'd call it "Modge" see below..)

I also thought that the meals on SNBA were miserly and bland, but like Louise I thought that the overall standard of the crew was nothing short of excellent!!!! :lol: :lol:
Thx for your answer (I knew you would say that ;) ;) )

Chris