Goodbye to VLM and Hello to SNBA!

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Comet

Goodbye to VLM and Hello to SNBA!

Post by Comet »

No longer will I bore everyone silly with VLM and how brilliant they are! I have changed my "allegiance", and the liklihood of us flying VLM again is very slim if not out of the question!

Instead of LCY and MAN we have BHX. And instead of VLM we will have SNBA and a frequent flyer scheme that I can actually earn points on! And SNBA are cheaper!

OK, VLM might have the better in-flight catering, but SNBA has the best crews :thumbsup:

So no more "Comet the VLM Fan" :twisted:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Re: Goodbye to VLM and Hello to SNBA!

Post by Avro »

I'm sure you'll get some better catering on your next flights with SNBA ;)
Comet wrote:So no more "Comet the VLM Fan" :twisted:
BUT " Comet the SNBA fan" :twisted:

Chris
:wink:

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Comet: I'm fairly sure that you will not get any miles for your BHX-BRU-BHX daytrip.

Those flights will normally have been in Q-class (not available for mileage accrual).

Next time you come, make sure that you book B-class (include for example a Saturday night), and to be sure about your booking class, call the airline first or book your tickets on a website that shows the booking class.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:Comet: I'm fairly sure that you will not get any miles for your BHX-BRU-BHX daytrip.
Frederic,

Whatever the fare, I have always had my FF miles on SN (contrary to BA).
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Also on daytrips in their cheapest Q-class, André? Maybe they changed their rules, will have a look on their website

Frederic

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

From www.flysn.com:

SN Brussels Airlines
"Best Buy" fares (Q) are not eligible for mileage accrual.
Following booking classes are not eligible for mileage accrual: E, I, Q, S, X, Z
For all travels starting 01 Jan 2004 onwards the booking class V will not be eligible anymore for mileage accrual.

Comet

Post by Comet »

I didn't book a Q fare, and when I booked the ticket in December, it said nothing about V fares not being eligible for miles. All it said when I booked the ticket was that it was non-changeable, non-refundable and not eligible for upgrade.

So VC10 will get the miles, her fare was B.

We will have to see what happens in September, we always used to get miles before when we went on holiday, except with VLM.
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

Avro wrote:
Comet wrote:So no more "Comet the VLM Fan" :twisted:
BUT " Comet the SNBA fan" :twisted:

Chris
:wink:
Of course Chris :mrgreen:

And the beer buying expeditions are to become an annual event for me, I had such a great time the other week, even though it was a bit of a rush in Brussels I wouldn't have missed it for the world. It is better to go for the beer in a seperate trip instead of trying to fit a couple of bottles in our holiday luggage.

And it means more flights :lol: And that is always fun!
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:And the beer buying expeditions are to become an annual event for me!
Why don't you make it a monthly event? :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:
Comet wrote:And the beer buying expeditions are to become an annual event for me!
Very nice idea :!: And I could get my copy of "Airliner World" at the same time!
Louise

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

VLM will go backrupt now they lost their most faithful customer ;) naah, just joking of course!

A318

Post by A318 »

sn26567 wrote:
Yeah, when you fly Ryanair you can even buy the beer and still have more as enough money left. Oh no, you are not flying with them.........but you also said VLM was the best there is.............people get wiser by the day ;)

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Comet

Post by Comet »

Erwin - I changed since 31st March. This once die hard Sabena-fan is now a die hard SNBA fan (well, alot of those at SNBA are ex-Sabena, SNBA is the successor to Sabena and VLM were more of a stop gap because at one time UK tour companies did not offer flights with SNBA, it was BA, BD or VLM).

My "conversion" began on 30th March when I had a delightful few hours spotting and taking photos in the indoor enclosure in Birmingham Airport (recommended for anyone visiting BHX, some rare birds go there!) You don't get that at LCY, delightful though it is.

And then the flight from BHX to BRU sealed it, but I won't repeat myself about that, so for anyone who wants to know more, hit the link below:

https://www.aviation24.be/postt4300

I certainly didn't expect some (or should I say one) of the responses to that report :!:
Louise