Sad sight

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
vliegtuigfreak

Sad sight

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

Look what i saw on A.net , an ex Sobelair plane :cry: :cry:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=549947

PS: It's ex OO-RMV

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Sonny,
Try to see it from the positieve site.
At least the plane is flying where it's made for and not dump into one of the desserts in the US.

Best Regards,
Yvo

Comet

Post by Comet »

I am glad to see old "Aldis" flying again! ("Aldis" was the original name of this aircraft when it was with its first operator Icelandair - I saw it in Keflavik on the day it had been delivered to the airline). I once flew on this aircraft when it had its first registration of TF-FIA.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Maybe we still have a chance to spot this plane in Belgium, because TUI Airlines Belgium uses Futura B734's for extra capacity during the Easter Holidays.

Would love to have a pic of it ...

Regards, Robin Bamps.

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

AN124 wrote:Sonny,
Try to see it from the positieve site.
At least the plane is flying where it's made for and not dump into one of the desserts in the US.

Best Regards,
Yvo
I agree with your wise words Yvo...

Regards

BeN :idea:

C-117

Post by C-117 »

I visited the aircraft "boneyards" in Mojave, California, the one at Davis-Monthan US Air Force Base and the Pima Aviation Museum near Tuscon, Arizona. It was sad to see so many aircraft waiting for the smelter. Better to see them flying...

C-117

Comet

Post by Comet »

I thought that some airlines had taken some of the desert aircraft? Sometimes I have seen in Airliner World that an aircraft has left the desert to join an airline.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Correct Louise,

There are still airlines the get some planes out of the dessert.
For Example all F100 from Germania are from the dessert.

I think the plane you meant was a ex Delta Tristar wich had been in the dessert for 5 or even more years before it departed to Jordania to join the fleet of a cargo operator (don't know the name)

Best Regards,
Yvo

C-117

Post by C-117 »

Correct. Many are returned to service and some serve as training mock-ups for service and emergency personnel - but the majority of the airframes end up as a soft drink can or some other light metal object.

Cheers, C-117

Avro

Post by Avro »

It's a sad view indeed but on the other side it's nice to see that the plane is still flying and that the rudder is still wearing the S colour :P

Chris