Royal Tongan Airlines

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
luchtzak

Royal Tongan Airlines

Post by luchtzak »

Hello,

just uploaded some Royal Tongan Airlines flight attendant pictures:

Who got some more information about Royal Tongan Airlines? Did some of you allready made a flight with them? What's their homebase? Where do they fly to?

All help welcome ;-)

greetings,

Bart
:rock:

Comet

Post by Comet »

I think the home base of Royal Tongan Airlines is Nuku'Alofa, the capital of Tonga. The airlines flies to South Pacific places, I think they ahve done New Zealand and possibly Australia services.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Tristar500

Post by Tristar500 »

i think their fleet consists of one 757 (V8-RBB) a few 737-200 & 737-300 and a twin otter (A3-FQL)
never flown them, but i presume they cover the tonga, new zeeland, australia, and other pacific islands area...

Comet

Post by Comet »

Tristar500 wrote: i presume they cover the tonga, new zeeland, australia, and other pacific islands area...
I already said that :!:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

See their website www.royaltonganairlines.com.

Select from domestic flights to all four main island groups in Tonga, with regular service to Vava'u, Ha'apai, `Eua and weekly flights to Niuatoputapu and Niuafo'ou. International flights enable you to travel to, or from Auckland, daily except Sunday, and once a week to or from Sydney. Royal Tongan Airlines passenger may also travel to or from Nadi via code share with Air Pacific.

The fleet consists of a B757 (to Auckland and Sydney) and a Shorts 360 flying boxcar (domestic services).
André
ex Sabena #26567

Tristar500

Post by Tristar500 »

sorry comet :oops:

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

More pictures in this album: http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/thumbnails.php?album=115

greetz,

Bart
:rock:

LJ

Post by LJ »

The B757 is based at Auckland and the other aircraft is based in Raratonga.

flightsimboy

Re: Royal Tongan Airlines

Post by flightsimboy »

just uploaded some Royal Tongan Airlines flight attendant pictures:

Does anyone know if this jet belonged to Garuda, Malaysian. The work Keluar appears above the Exit sign (see the first pic). I remember seeing that on all Malaysian jets. I mentioned Garuda because Flying Dutchman said they welcomed him with Selamat Datang also used on MH.

LJ

Post by LJ »

Sad news regarding Royal Tongan Airlines....

According to a Dutch website who's quoting the Tongan daily Matangi Tonga, Royal Tongan Airlines has already or is about to do it's last international flight. The website reports the B757 will return to Brunei and Royal Tongan will only do domestic flights. Reason for discontinuation are the losses Royal Tongan made on its international flight (personally I'm not suprised as the B757 was standing idle two days during my three days spotting trip at AKL).

Source (Dutch):
http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?id=3931

justy

Post by justy »

The B 757 is currently at AKL international.It has been there for 3 days. It seems Royal Tongan Airlines is going belly up. :D