26th of march VIE-ZRH on Swiss

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Jumbolino

26th of march VIE-ZRH on Swiss

Post by Jumbolino »

Hi folks,

hopefully it's not too boring for you to get now nearly with a 2 weeks rythm a trip report :lol:
Well, at approx 17:00 yesterday I finished my work and thought it's time to catch the underground due to Wien Mitte / Landstrasse where the City Airport Train departs (due to the fact that I had not gotten a tkt for the 6 pm. flight there was plenty of time for me left but I wanted to do a bit duty free shopping without hurry and I was hungry and thirstily. At Wien Mitte I bought a one way tkt for the CAT from automate, to avoid further questions about the internet tkt (which would have been discounted). As I thought the 17:03 would be gone away I went downstairs but it was still there and the agent asked me if I wanted to go with them then I should hurry - I did :wink:
Arrival Vienna airport was approx 17:20 and I moved to the swiss counter. Behind the ECO counter (2) where huge queques so I remembered my silver card and went to the Business counter (also because of my hand luggage with approx 10 kilos :wink: )
Check in was fast and uneventful (I have gotten seat 12F for the A319 LX 1583 1955 - which is above the wings but for a night flight it's ok)
Boarding time should be 19:15 which indicates plenty of time (and I told myself they wouldn't board before 19:25 because this was the latest check in time). Meanwhile the 18:00 flight LX to ZRH was boarded - well I would have done this flight too, but shit happens ....
Had a pizza and a beer and afterwards bought some cigarettes and chocolate cigarettes (the same I left in DUS because they where too lazy and my flight ready for boarding). Boarding began on time 19:25 and boarding completed 19:55 - but what I saw wasn't amuding - snow on the wings for the airbus which has definitly seen better times (my seat and the seat before couldn't be locked in operate position any more ...
so well push back was about a quarter past eight and then we where waiting for de-icing :cry: which indicates a delay of half an hour at final destination ZRH.
After a real powerful takeoff in the cloudy skies the flight was real un-eventful - no turbulances :cry: :cry: :cry:
oh no - one - never seen such a chaotical on board selling !!!!!
everybody gaves them (ex-Swissair crew, real old aged for F/A) Euros and the had to convert them by brain and nearly everybody gaves them 20 EUROS for change - well I had the money in swiss francs ready but thought about to give them the bigges Euro cash note I will find in my purse - well the female F/A came asked me I ordered a 1664 (kronenbourg beer) and gave them the CHF with the words 5 minutes later and you would have gotten a 50 euro note :twisted:
Load factor was quite good (only some middle seates left) and I am sure the last rows haven't gotten anything :evil:
Well and due to the fact Switzerland isn't in the EU I missed the S16 to hardbruecke (I ran but the passport control stopped my planning) waited 15 min in ZRH airport for another train to main sation and main station another 15 min for S12 to Dietikon - there I took a taxi and arrived here a quarter past 11 pm ! *GRRRRR*
resume Swiss was more than ok for the price except the on board selling (which they should improve - also the EUR prices ....) - but the swiss train transportation isn't acceptable for the biggest city of a country :wink:
(in VIE the underground comes every 3 minutes - ok after 10 every 5 or 10 min and MUC or DUS the same .... ok MUC airport IS in the middle of nowhere - they should implement something like the CAT too ....)
Well I paid 134 for the tkt and taxes 4.36 plus 13,25 EUR for the return tkt (tomorrow ZRH-VIE ;-)
that's not too bad at all (but with SNBA I paid the same AND have gotten A beer and a sandwich for FREE and in acceptable TIME) and they sent me again a fresh silver card for travelclub - which will be a british airways executive club card soon :lol:

Jumbolino.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanksfor this nice report Jutta.

It surprises me that Swiss hasn't got the prices allready convereted in €. That would make life much more easier for the F/A's

Ciao
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Keep on making the funniest reports I've ever read, Jumbbolin!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Thanks André (regarding to our emails - I think I will stay in Vienna and see what's going on after 1st of may - Bratislava calling - without joke a few guys from Bratislava where visiting us in my first week of working in VIE - I think eastern europe could be a very good place by now ....)!

and Chris they have the prices converted into EUR but with the amount from a year ago, so it seems they where that nice to calculated it now with our good priced (strong) EUR

(when I have gotten my money here in CH 1 CHF was 1.44 EUR meanwhile it IS 1.58 EUR ! - guys cry with my and my money - a amount of 10 SNBA flights is gone away only with a strong EURO - ok it's good for us and it's better for me to forget it ....)