Check this out: mobile phone in a Luxair Fokker 50 cockpit

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
OO-SBZ

Check this out: mobile phone in a Luxair Fokker 50 cockpit

Post by OO-SBZ »

8O In the picture you can see the mobile phone has not been switched off...

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/541407/M/

Any comment is welcome!

Regards

BeN :idea:

Jense

Post by Jense »

Well,
I saw several cockpit-shots with the 'not-switched-off' mobile phones :!:
What I should say before take-off: 'Please shut-down your mobile phones, also cabincrew :wink:'

greettzzz

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Aircraft is on the ground, so no problem at all.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Sabena_690 wrote:Aircraft is on the ground, so no problem at all.
Indeed, aircraft is not flying so no stress ;-)

AN124

Post by AN124 »

I agree with you Fred.

But I must say it's odd to see a mobile phone switched on in the Cockpit.

Best Regards,
Yvo

Avro

Post by Avro »

It could indeed be misleading, but I'm sure the plane is on the ground ;)

Greetz
Chris
8)

Avro

Post by Avro »

And what about smoking in the cockpit :mrgreen: http://www.flycity.de/Bilder/An_Bord/fue9.jpg
(Just found the link on A.net)

Greetz
Chris
8)
Last edited by Avro on 27 Mar 2004, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

luchtzak wrote:
Sabena_690 wrote:Aircraft is on the ground, so no problem at all.
Indeed, aircraft is not flying so no stress ;-)
Would you allow a mobile phone whilst the aircraft is on the ground, but taxiing?
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

sn26567 wrote:Would you allow a mobile phone whilst the aircraft is on the ground, but taxiing?
Nope!

A318

Post by A318 »

No problem indeed since the aircraft is not in flight, smoking in the cockpit? Also not in flight! Phones must be switched off during taxiing and as far as I know this is more standard then not.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Lame

Post by Lame »

This is a good topic. :wink:

I know there are rules, and you must obey them. :roll:

However I honestly believe this is a load of rubbish about not using mobile phones on Aircraft.

In the USA people use their cell phones as they call them, during taxi out, and as soon as the Aircraft lands and is taxiing in to the gate.

In Australia, sounds like Europe too, they are banned as soon as you board the Aircraft, until you leave the Aircraft.

Yet, for many years here in Australia, while flying all over Australia and the Pacific, I was often in the cockpit where myself and both Pilots would ALL be using mobile phones in flight with NO problems. We even had a Company mobile phone fitted to the Aircraft IN the Cockpit.

While I would not really want to be a passenger on a flight where everyone was using mobile phones, because it would be very annoying, I do not believe there is any real danger to the Aircraft, and am yet to see any evidence that there is any danger. :wink:

Flying_Tuur

Post by Flying_Tuur »

What a load of BS...

At my company every Captain gets a mobile issued by the company, because it is the easiest way to communicate with OPS or engineers in case of a problem downroute. In the before start checklist we have an item Mobile Phones OFF, and in the shutdown checklist it states to switch our mobiles ON. There is NO DANGER at all in using a mobile phone on the aircraft, as long as you're not flying. Once airborne, a mobile searching for a signal MIGHT interfere with the navigational systems, although the chances that happens are small... but since we're in aviation, we try to reduce risks as much as possible.
It is our policy to have the passengers to switch of their mobile phones when entering the aircraft, untill they get back into the terminal after the flight. In case of heavy delays due to air traffic restrictions, I do allow the passengers to use their mobiles to make arrangements at their arrival airport. This is very much appreciated by our passengers, and takes a lot of workload of our cabin crew's shoulders.

PS: If you overfly Switserland with your mobile on, you do get a welcome to Switserland text message....

Avro

Post by Avro »

Flying_Tuur wrote: PS: If you overfly Switserland with your mobile on, you do get a welcome to Switserland text message....
Nice to know ;) ;)

BTW welcome to Luchtzak :)

Greetz
Chris
8)

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Flying_Tuur wrote: PS: If you overfly Switserland with your mobile on, you do get a welcome to Switserland text message....
You should get one over Luxemburg too, as I get them (but I'm on the ground). But Luxemburg's so small :oops:

I wonder what part of the myth: mobile phone -> airplane crash, the companies themselves tried to propagate, because that would guarantee them that people would use their ( beneficial ) in-flight communications system.....

ciao,
TriStar :wink: