TFS-OST with TUI Airlines Belgium - Futura

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
airost

TFS-OST with TUI Airlines Belgium - Futura

Post by airost »

Last Sunday I travelled from Tenerife Sur to Ostend airport on TUB's second commercial flight.
The plane itself looks very smart inside. There were 5 cabincrew members, 2 older ladies and 3 young ones.
The older ladies were advising the younger staff so I think they were in somekind of training.

The uniform looks a bit oldfashioned to me with the yellow-brownish cardigan and simular coloured skirt just under the knees.
Allthough two crewmembers weared navy-coloured trousers.

The flight was 45 min late due to the late arrival.

After going around with drinks, they went round with the inflight meal. As I was sitting in row 15 there was somekind of panic by the staff. They didn't had enough meals for the "non-premium" passengers.So they had to stop giving meals.

Finally they just have the "premium" meals to us. So instead of having Salmon with tortellini and a plastic cup with vegetables in oil and vinegar we were served a fillet of salmon with new potatoes and a small plate of salad and coleslaw.
The cabin crew were very friendly.

The flightdeck gave us some flightinformation during the flight as you used to get with Sobelair.
The only downpoint was that there was no inflight entertainment. Only 2 of the 9 musicchannels worked but no screens.

Totally understandable was the lack of a inflight magazine with prices of the duty-free goods. Instead the cabin crew wend round with prices of various products.
So I guess the magazine is still at the printers.

My impression is that Thomas Cook airlines has a huge competitor now.

A totall difference was the outbound flight of Futura. Its was over 2hrs late.
We were put on a 737-400 who has seen better days. All of chairs in front of me were damaged and filthy.
The meal was "something" with sauce and the crew(2 ladies and 2 gentlemen) were not very friendly except of one lady who didn't stop smiling the whole journey( :D ).Pehaps she smoked something...
The crew looked very tired perhaps this was the reason why we got treated very unfriendly.

They only went round once with drinks.

Greetings

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Welcome to Luchtzak, airost.

Thanks for this very nice flight report (I changed the title to make it more informative). A scoop on TUI Airlines Belgium.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jense

Post by Jense »

airost, welcome to Luchtzak.be
Enjoy this wonderfull aviation-site... :!:

Thank you for your nice flight report, the first of TUI @ Luchtzak.be, I guess... :D
I think you flew a B734? (OST-TFS) Can you give me the regi? (If you know it :wink:)

greettzzz

airost

Post by airost »

Jense, it was EC-GNZ

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for this very nice report airost :)

BTW I spotted EC-GNZ just a few days ago at BRu ;)

Greetz
Chris

PS: Welcome to Luchtzak :P

Jense

Post by Jense »

Avro wrote:BTW I spotted EC-GNZ just a few days ago at BRu ;)
Me too, it is a regular visitor since the bankruptcy (Or how do you spell it :wink:) of SLR...

greettzzz

Andries

Post by Andries »

Welcome to luchtzak ostair.

very nice report !

Are you from Ostend ? Or from Gistel or Middelkerke or Bredene ?
I live in Ostend and you can find me quite often near the runway.

Greetz,

:twisted: CanonFreak :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

airost

Post by airost »

I'm from Ostend.
When we landed at Ostend there was someone taking pictures of our plane. He had somekind of green badge on his jacket.

I didn't know it was allowed to take pictures inside the airport or does this person have some contact within the airport police/security?

Comet

Post by Comet »

Very interesting report airost.

The aircraft with the dirty damaged seats sounds like something you would expect on Air New Zealand.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise