14.03.04 AB DUS-VIE AB8136 Seat 21 D Boarding time 13:25 Dep

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Jumbolino

14.03.04 AB DUS-VIE AB8136 Seat 21 D Boarding time 13:25 Dep

Post by Jumbolino »

14.03.04 AB DUS-VIE AB8136 Seat 21 D Boarding time 13:25 Dep 14:10 arr 15:40

Due to the facts that AB likes to see you (without any joke) 60 minutes prior to departure (which is a minus for business purposes) I left the home of my friends in Neuss 11:53 :cry:
To catch the bus than change to the S8 and DUS main train station the S7 to the airport (but all for free because my friend which came with me ownes a monthly ticket with which you can under the week after 7pm. And the whole weekend use the public transport even with other persons for free (must not be the same household or your family) which is quite nice :lol:

Well we arrived at DUS airport at 12:59 and the ticket counter approx at 13:05 and almost everybody was still checked in and I didn’t get a windows seat :evil: :evil: :evil:
Maybe due to the - again - high load factor boarding time indicated 13:25 - never seen this before - not even with a low cost - for a flight 14:10 :evil: :evil: :evil:
At security was - as usual a huge queque so it takes a while and meanwhile it was 13:20 I stopped at the duty free, found some chocolate and proceeded to the cashier but it takes that the ami-girl before me payed, but three other staff where standing around - meanwhile the called some people for our AB flight to our gate, so I told them take my money or forget it - I could forget it :(
But the best was - due to late arrival of the incoming aircraft - without ANY announcements boarding began at 14:00 L (poor chocolate there would have been plenty of time to buy it without this stupid - be there I don’t know when :(
Well they boarded first 14-24 and then the rest (and many with rows below 14 tried to get in first - they where send back ….)
And it took time (they announced several time how boarding behaviour should be because we where almost LATE but this Viennoise are THAT SLOW not only while speaking :(
(I pushed some from behind - well I proceeded rapidly to my seat J
Well pushback was the same time that some of this lazy guys where still searching how to place themselves in their seat :twisted:
But only 10 min late :lol:
Flight itself was uneventful and again amazing sandwhich and softdrinks for free (and this at a very, very suitable price). Landing in VIE was a quarter late and we had to wait anopther additional half an hour for our luggage LLL well not to mention that the CAT (which goes only 2 times an hour for the only return tkt price at 15 EUR) was gone away :twisted:

For leisure AB is a super tip, but for business it’s L because of the latest check in times :twisted:
And here are some pic’s
due to the fact that it’s taken from inside to the glass and against the sun not the best but also not that usual ones (some)
Inflight
CU Jumbolino.

PS: it seems now the pic´s are small enough because I couldn´t test it before upload :cry:

Avro

Post by Avro »

Nice reportand very nice pics :)

I like that litlle sandwich :P

Greetz
Chris

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Thanks Chris,
too bad that the plane pic´s I took from the glass, because they could be better ;-)

And yes, the sandwich was tasteful :-)

CU Ju.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The style of the meals is very German. :)

Thks for nice report, Jumbolino.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Thanks that you liked my little trip report
and the cheese in the sandwich was much more better than the usual cheese on Lu ;-)

CU Ju.