Airbus question

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Lame

Post by Lame »

What Airline does a pushback like that? 8O

In my 40 years in the Industry, working all over the World, I have never heard of such a pushback on any Aircraft? :?:

The tractor and towbar are normally connected to the NLG, and they go to a lot of trouble to isolate the NWS systems, usually with some sort of bypass pin. :?

Don't get upset, I am just interested if anyone does it the way you say? :D

sidestick_rules

Post by sidestick_rules »

Sabena at Brussels, and some flights out of Charles de Gaulle. See photos:

http://home.comcast.net/~brianconnors/12.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~brianconnors/21.jpg

Photos copyright their respective owners.

[ Admin luchtzak changed 2 pictures to urls according to forum-rules ]

Lame

Post by Lame »

I cannot see what that is. :roll:

Whatever it is? It is NOT a "pushback" anyway. :wink:

sidestick_rules

Sorry, you're wrong. The aircraft in each of these three pictures (two are A319/320, one is B737) were parked in a nose-in configuration. The tug is attached at the aircraft right main landing gear tug for the pushback procedure.

Lame

Post by Lame »

I am wrong. 8O

The only picture I can see, there is something attached to the LEFT MLG, NOT the right, you who is wrong. :wink:

I do not know what they are doing in your photo, but it is NOT a "pushback". :roll:

I know there is a big problem with English here, however whatever they are doing CANNOT be a "pushback", I don't know what it is? However it is NOT a "pushback". :wink:

sidestick_rules

Yes. Just because you've never seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Other users can see all three photos just fine.

744rules

Post by 744rules »

The procedure you see is what they call power-push. It's a remote controlled device that powers the MLG. Steering is done by captain with marshalling by the headsetter.

A few advantages of this system

-one man ops
-no steering pins required
-no (different) towbars required.

System can be used up to a320-family as engine is powerfull enough to push larger a/c with engines running on idle.
Ohter restrictions are the clearance between MLG and MLG-doors. ie NOT for ARJ,....

It's kind of similar with the noselifter, except this device lifts the nosegear,but advantages remain the same

Lame

Post by Lame »

All true, however all I was saying is that this procedure is NOT called a "pushback". :wink:

I am also familiar with the nose lifter, they used it at Lufthansa in Frankfurt when I was there. :D

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Offcourse such push back excist! It's the modern way how they do the push back. The "MOP" (the guy who does the push back) has a remote controller, it's way easier and I think it's all about time :!:

I hope it's all clear now ...

Regards,
Rutger
Tot hier en verder

janhuub

Post by janhuub »

Ground, good morning, S-tail 698 requesting push back.

S-tail 698, sorry sir Push back not available, I don't see a push back connected to your aircraft.

Ground, my apologies sir, requesting power push

S-tail 698, power push approved, call for taxi

They sure call it a push back in Brussels, and nobody complained about it so far.

Greetz,

Jan

BTW Just to inform you: the PTU is a mechanical system, that transfers power from the green to the yellow system or vice versa. Each hydraulic system has it's own fluid reservoir and hydraulics from one system never is mixed with that from another.

Jan

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

When I flew with a VEX B737 to BCN and LHR "pushback" was done both times with the "machine" attached at the MLG.
Perhaps we can call it a "pullback" then? :wink:
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Thanks for the information Jan! It seems very clear now. What BOTH "machines" do, is pushing (or pulling) the plane from the gate (or the parking), no mather how it's called ... will be just a matter of own taste ...

Now can we PLEASE stop this discussion :!: It is getting way out of hand ...
Tot hier en verder

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Hello,

as topic-starter sidestick_rules decided to discontinue his membership on www.luchtzak.be his messages disappeared from the forums and this topic.

I will consider this topic and this issue closed.

greetings,

Bart
:rock: