Flightreport: Brussels-Arrecife-Brussels with VEX and IB

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Jense

Flightreport: Brussels-Arrecife-Brussels with VEX and IB

Post by Jense »

Hi guys!
For my 400th post @ Luchtzak.be, something special:

Here is my second flight-report (again a BRU-ACE-BRU route) (July 2000)

BRU-ACE
I woke up @ 3.00hrs in the morning, waiting for a friend of my dad, who came to bring us to the airport.
Once @ the airport, we checked in row 4. We got our tickets, I got agian a window-seat (25A).
My dad, brother and mother were having a drink when I made a terminal-walk (Pier C) Our flight was delayed with 20 minutes... 'Ladies and gentlemen, the flight VEX**** with destination Lanzarote is ready for boarding', said a lady trough the speakers. We got in the bus, and we drived to a stand (Before the new A-pier construction-works). I saw several VEX, Sabena's and SLR's... Our plane was a B734 (OO-V**) We were taxiing to rwy 25R for an immediatly take-off... After a fast climb, we were @ FL 380, heading for Lanzarote. My meal was a little sandwich, with ham or confiture. It was OK, I aslo got a Coke. After a 3hrs40 min. flight, we started our descend to ACE. After a 3hrs and 55 min. flight, we arrived @ ACE.

ACE-MAD-BRU
After nice holidays, a coach came to bring us to the airport. Last moments at a wonderfull island, saying goodbeye...
We checked in, and I got (again) a nice window-seat (29A)
Due to charter-problems, our travel-agency (Neckermann) reserved us a non-charter flight :!:
Flight IB **** ACE-MAD
We took off right on time and climbed to 39.000ft. We got some nice food, in nice 'porselein-servies'. Our plane was an B752 from Iberia. We landed 10 minutes late in Madrid.
Flight IB 3208 MAD-BRU
After we arrived from ACE, we went to another gate, ready for bording to BRU. Plane was again a B752. We took-off 5 minutes to early. The taxi was quite long :!: (15 minutes :!:) When we were taxiing, I saw several B747's of IB, a Sabena A320 and a VEX B734. After take-off, we climbed to 39.000ft. My dinner was quite nice, altought the food on the ACE-MAD flight was nicer....
Landed right on time (22.15u) in BRU, and parke @ the C-Pier

So, this was my 2nd flight-report, I hope you enjoyed it... :!:

greettzzz

Avro

Post by Avro »

Again a nice report Jense :P

You were lucky, that there were charter problems for your way home. Otherwise you wouldn't have had 2 flights but only one and none of them in a B757 ;)

Ciao
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for second nice report on Lanzarote flight, Jense. You seem to be a fan of that island in the sun!

The return must have been specially enjoyable: a scheduled service at a charter price.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Good report Jense, and a nice surprise to get a full scheduled carrier on the way back!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Jense

Post by Jense »

sn26567 wrote:You seem to be a fan of that island in the sun!
I've been @ Lanzarote 7 times...
Such a nice island, too bad more and more tourist are discovering it... :wink:
sn26567 wrote: The return must have been specially enjoyable: a scheduled service at a charter price.
Indeed :!: :D
Was really nice, we got even 5 hours more vacation than the people who travelled back with VEX :D :wink:

greettzzz