Flightreport: Brussels-Arrecife-Brussels with Thomas Cook

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Jense

Flightreport: Brussels-Arrecife-Brussels with Thomas Cook

Post by Jense »

Hi everybody, her is my first flight-report @ Luchtzak:

(July '03)
Waiting an whole year to fly, it isn't that nice :wink: but, finally @ the 2nd July, it was my day.
BRU-ACE:
A VW Transporter came to bring us to the airport. Once @ the airport, we checked in @ row 3. The gate from wich we departed was A43 (I guess, something like that :wink:) When we were @ the gate, we saw that our flight was delayed with 2 hours, the people of Thomas Cook said due to 'cabin crew rest-times'... I didn't care, and made a walk trought the beautiful A-pier. When 'my' plane arrived, I was quite happy that it was a DutchBird B752 (PH-DBB) to bring us to ACE. After 1h and 45 min. waiting, we were bording. I had a 'window-seat', but it was just that seat where there was no window ( :? Explained strange, but it was :wink:, take a look closer @ the DBR 752...)
We took off from rwy 25R after two SN RJ100's. Altought it was a slow take-off, it was really nice to took off in a rainshower :D. In the air, we climbed to 39.000 ft :!: As food, we got a pasta-meal, with tomato-sauce and 'spinazie', also a little sandwich and a dessert ('Rijstpap') The (Dutch) FA's were really friendly and kind! After a 3h 50 minutes flight, we started our descent into Arrecife/Lanzarote... We came in from the North, over 'La Graciosa' and 'Costa Teguise'... We saw the airport on our right and made then a steep 180° turn for finals rwy 03. We made a nice/smooth landing and were taxiing to our gate.

ACE-BRU
After a coach picked us up, we start driving to Arrecife. Saw for the last time Timanfaya National Park, Yaiza and some cactus-plantages...
Once @ the airport, we checked in and we were going to the security. My family had a drink, I had a terminal-walk :D Saw Brittania's G-OBYG (B763) some Brittania's B752 (No regi's, sorry) and some LTE's... I was @ the little terrace when our plane arrived @ rwy 03... (PH-DBB B752 DutchBird, same as BRU-ACE)
I had a window-seat (one of the last rows, 'A'-seat...) We took-off right on time and were saying 'goodbye Lanzarote' :cry: Just after take-off, we made the normal steep turn to the right, heading for BRU. We climbed to 38.000 ft. The Dutch FA's were very very friendly and kind, the only Belgian wasn't... We got almost the same food as on our first flight, but it was still nice. I saw a beautifull undergoing-sun... :!: (Check out my photo's @ JP.Net). When we were over the middle of Spain, the pilot contacted us to say that the weather wasn't good @ BRU @ the moment, and he said we could have a turbelent landing. Also weather above France was really bad, that's why we climed to 40.000 ft... When we were descending into BRU, we could clearly saw Belgium :!: The weather was much better than the pilot(s) expected:!: We saw BRU on our left-hand side, and made finally a steep turn to the left, to land @ rwy 25L. Landing was a little bit hard, but nice. We taxiied to gate A45. The FA's were waving us out, as we were the last passengers to step out the plane.

I hope you enjoyed my report... :!: (Other reports coming soon)
(P.S: Bad English:D)

greettzzz

killerwhale65

Re: Flightreport: Brussels-Arrecife-Brussels with Thomas Coo

Post by killerwhale65 »

Jense wrote:We saw BRU on our left-hand side, and made finally a steep turn to the left, to land @ rwy 25L.
hmmm something isn't right here: are u sure it wasnt ur right side and a right turn?
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

Jense

Post by Jense »

@ killerwhale 65: I'm shure :!: I don't forget things like that :D :wink:
I was also confused when I saw the airport... :!:

greettzzz

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Nice report! Could be that you flew Huldenberg, FLO and then a short APP ... I remember that Guy Daems did that once :lol: Very short APP, realy crazy :!:

Regards,
Rutger
Tot hier en verder

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Thanks for the report!

@Matthias: please don't use too much of that chat-English... ;)

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the report Jense :)

sn26567

Re: Flightreport: Brussels-Arrecife-Brussels with Thomas Coo

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for nice report, Jense. Don't worry for the English. We read you loud and clear.

Too bad your window seat didn't have a window.
Jense wrote:When we were @ the gate, we saw that our flight was delayed with 2 hours, the people of Thomas Cook said due to 'cabin crew rest-times'...
Whatever the reason, Thomas Cook is at fault. Bad planning!

I hope I'll get a TCAB A320 for my upcoming flight to ACE.
André
ex Sabena #26567

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

Could be that you flew Huldenberg, FLO and then a short APP
Or just radar vectors or visual to Brussels, instead of the whole procedure.

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

just saw it was at night. Probably because of that, there was no departing traffic.
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store