12th of march 04 VIE-DUS on Air Berlin

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Last saturday I called Air Berlin because the latest check-in time wasn´t written onto their confirmation email to ask and the girl on the line told me 60 min. prior to departure and I asked "sure ?" and she told me "affirmative".
Well due to this facts and due to the fact that I had no clue how long it will take from my working place nearby U3 Zieglergasse to the airport, I left the nice place after lunch to catch the U3 to "Wien Mitte Landstrasse", before I bought online a return ticket for the new airport train called CAT from Wien Mitte to the airport (15 EUR for both and you can print out your tkt yourself)
Luckily enough I found the CAT from the underground station Landstrasse and could catch the 13:37 train instead of the next 14:03 which was calculated. Therefore I was real early on the airport and searched for the Air Berlin Checkin which is done by OS in terminal area A. Couldn´t call the OS checkin girl real friendly and later I found out WHY.
Boarding time indicated on the boarding pass was 15:50 (departure time 16:20) Gate B35 (bus boarding) but they started boarding at 15:35 ?! and short after I found out that this was a real good idea ! Flight AB8137 VIE-DUS was done with an B737-400 and I couldn´t see ANY empty seat !!!!!

http://62.141.61.176/juttaedith/dus0304/ab_avro.jpg

They did the bus boarding with 3 double busses and they where good filled.
Taxiing began on time (couldn´t say push back) but deaparture was a bit late, because we had to wait.

http://62.141.61.176/juttaedith/dus0304/ab_abal2.jpg

http://62.141.61.176/juttaedith/dus0304/ab_abal.jpg

also landing in DUS was 5 min late 17:55 instead of 17:50 but this due to the facts that the wind wasn´t in our faviour :(

http://62.141.61.176/juttaedith/dus0304/safetycard.jpg

My seat was unfortunatly 9A so no real good pic´s available :(
We had gotten a sandwich (ham or cheese) and a coffee, tea or softdrink for free, for alc you have to pay, but there was also a free newspaper service (!) ok tkt wasn´t real cheap with 216 EUR incl. taxes (the week before I booked I could have it for only 160 EUR :(
but the value what you get for your bucks is good on AB (instead of OS/LH codeshare where you have to pay even for the softdrinks and sandwich for the same or more money - because when I booked AB was the cheapest even germanwings to CGN would have been more expensive.

Hopefully you enjoyed my short trip rep, more will follow when I am online again (at the moment I haven´t even television nor phone or internet in my "home" at my workingplace :(

CU Jumbolino.

PS: sorry the pic´s are a bit big (from width not size) but I´ve not the time to resize it now - tuesday I will have again an internet access, maybe´I can re-upload it ....

[pix changed to URLs by admin - see forum rules. Jumbolino, when you have smaller pix, you can post them again]

Jense

Post by Jense »

Thank you for your nice report, Jumbolino :!:
Btw: are the pics taken from after glass :?:
The best shot is the wing/tail shot, with the clearly visible regi :D

greettzzz

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Jense,
the pic´s are taken from the bus which brought us to the plane and the weather wasn´t that fine and here I have no photoshop or gimp to push-up the pic´s a little bit .... but I´ll try it tomorrow and if I can (internet access) upload it on tuesday .....

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Thanks for your report Jumbolino.
Flew with Air Berlin myself several times and always had a very good flight with them.

Best Regards,
Yvo

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the nice report Jutta :P

Greetz
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for nice report, Jumbolino. I always enjoy reading you ;-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:Thanks for nice report, Jumbolino. I always enjoy reading you ;-)
You ain't seen nothing yet :lol: Watch this forum in early April :lol:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Your flight pics are usually good Jumbolino, pity you say you were unable to take any for your report (it's a pain if you don't get a good seat), better luck next time! :)
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Thanks to all for your kind replies,
hopefully I am real online again soon :-)

CU Ju.