seat pitch in LH A340-300 (ex: Sabena!), CCS to FRA

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
hepo

seat pitch in LH A340-300 (ex: Sabena!), CCS to FRA

Post by hepo »

I had recently a bad experience flying economy from CCS (Caracas) to FRA.
Air condition was not working in the middle-part of the plane, so temperature was rising up to 30c.; everybody was stripped to t-shirts! And the comfort of the french-made seats was much different to the original LH Recaro-seats.
Does anybody now if the ex-Sabena Airbusses (now leased by LH) have a different seat pitch?!?!?

Anyway: the service of the LH-Crew was excellent; even though they where a bit too much open telling you that they don´t like this belgian-plane either (for me it seemed to be not the first time that the air-condition was not working)

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

I heard about simillar problems with the 2 ex-SN A343's.

They are (from what I heard) in urgent need of a cabin update.

Seatpitch should have to be the same (31-32inch)

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Having travelled several times in Sabena's A330s, I never had any complaint at all. On the contrary.

But I was travelling C-class...
André
ex Sabena #26567

vflies

Post by vflies »

Excellent service from LH??

Wow, you were lucky! That's not something you hear very often! And certainly something I never experienced first hand...

VFlies

sn26567

Re: seat pitch in LH A340-300 (ex: Sabena!), CCS to FRA

Post by sn26567 »

I agree with you, vflies. Excellent service would have meant that there were not air conditioning problems: bad LH maintenance, and nothing to do with former ownership!
hepo wrote:even though they where a bit too much open telling you that they don´t like this belgian-plane either (for me it seemed to be not the first time that the air-condition was not working)
Good crew do not criticise their planes, but try to make it function correctly.
André
ex Sabena #26567

vflies

Post by vflies »

Words of wisdom, André!

VFlies

Jense

Post by Jense »

Oooow oooow ooooow... :(
I booked BRU-FRA-DEN-PHX oow oow oow... Damn man... I tought LH was a nice airline? :?
The OO-SCY is an ex-Sabena A343...
- http://www.airliners.net/open.file/351922/L/
- http://www.airliners.net/open.file/401637/L/
- http://www.airliners.net/open.file/477840/L/
- http://www.airliners.net/open.file/401629/L/

greettzzz

hepo

need of a cabin update

Post by hepo »

Sabena_690 wrote:I heard about simillar problems with the 2 ex-SN A343's.
They are (from what I heard) in urgent need of a cabin update. ...
Oh yes! Two monitors under the roof where sliding in and out while plane was starting and during some bad weather (in-out-in-out and again... and again) and one of them showed only black and white - the other one was flickering most of the time.
As far as I understood the stewardess the planes are only leased for a limited time - maybe for this reason LH refused from investing in a better cabin standard. As mentioned before - the seats where like hell. I was flying on the same day domestic in Venezuela with a 1979 737-200 "advanced", with much better seats. And to me the LH standard Recaros are not only more "massive", there seems to be a bit more seat-pitch...
But I might be too negative about the seat-pitch because everything else on this plane seemed to be in a bad condition.

sn26567

Re: need of a cabin update

Post by sn26567 »

hepo wrote:And to me the LH standard Recaros are not only more "massive", there seems to be a bit more seat-pitch... .
To this I completely disagree. Recaro makes seats in all dimensions requested by the customer. The Recaro seats installed by LH in their Avros (6 abreast) are all but comfotable.
André
ex Sabena #26567

vflies

Post by vflies »

Jense, if that can comfort you, I imagine that the DEN-PHX leg will be operated by UA...
Maybe even in their new livery ! :-)

VFlies

OO-SBZ

Re: seat pitch in LH A340-300 (ex: Sabena!), CCS to FRA

Post by OO-SBZ »

hepo wrote:Anyway: the service of the LH-Crew was excellent; even though they where a bit too much open telling you that they don´t like this belgian-plane either (for me it seemed to be not the first time that the air-condition was not working)
LH crews don't like the ex-SN 343s but the ex SN 343s seemingly don't like them either.

BeN :idea:

V-Bird

re

Post by V-Bird »

Well,

About the F/a`s of lh...

i did a trainee period with LH Techniks ( maintance) at that time LH had some a320 and 321 on lease from a other airline for the holiday period. Well if you must believe the flightcrew ( cabin ) every thing was wrong on the plane, and they told the pax also, "bei uns ( lufthansa ) ist alles viel schöner, grösser und besser diesem machine ist alte sch**sse "( with lufthansa everything is bigger and better )
Last edited by V-Bird on 11 Mar 2004, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

hepo

Post by hepo »

hepo wrote: ... Two monitors under the roof where sliding in and out ... in-out-in-out and again... and again ... one of them showed only black and white - the other one was flickering most of the time...
plus malfunction of the aircondition!

plus seats different from the ones you are used to know from LH

plus many signs only in french and english

Sorry, but this cabin had serious problems - not the cabin-crew!

(even though it´s not a good style to tell the paxes that it´s not a *real* LH-plane)

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

sn26567 wrote:Having travelled several times in Sabena's A330s, I never had any complaint at all. On the contrary.
But I was travelling C-class...
Dear Andre, believe it or not! I was the man from the commercial management who made the comparative tests for the seats of the A330 & 340. I made the set up and questionary and the interviews, later I analysed all the date and made the conclusions over to the VP Commercial. We had a mock set up of all competitors in the technical department @ Zaventem. We had people of different departments coming to test the seat of the different manufacturers. (We even had some experts from cabine cleaning - these ladies knew more about airplane seats than any other Sabena P or VP. Remember in that time our managemant knew more about soup than about flying!) We had even people sleeping in these seats, at night of course, to test the comfort of that seat in mock night flight conditions....
And I can tell you, at that time, these manufacturers didn't have any idea about where to put the entertainment items. Sabena again did a pioneering job again there.
Last edited by SN30952 on 12 Mar 2004, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

Jense

Post by Jense »

vflies wrote: that the DEN-PHX leg will be operated by UA...
United for Ted, I'm looking forward to that flight(s) :!:
vlflies wrote: Maybe even in their new livery ! :-)
When it isn't a Ted plane, I hope, indeed, for the new livery...

greettzzz

Avro

Post by Avro »

hepo wrote:
hepo wrote: ... Two monitors under the roof where sliding in and out ... in-out-in-out and again... and again ... one of them showed only black and white - the other one was flickering most of the time...
plus malfunction of the aircondition!

plus seats different from the ones you are used to know from LH

plus many signs only in french and english

Sorry, but this cabin had serious problems - not the cabin-crew!

(even though it´s not a good style to tell the paxes that it´s not a *real* LH-plane)
Well, there were maybe many things not working on the plane, but it's easy to blame the plane because it's not an "original" LH one. If the monitors aren't working it's LH's fault and nobody elses :!: They should repair those things that's all.

Since they don't lease the planes for a very long period they will probably not repair those small stuff to save some money, but in my opinion this is a very bad service.

BTW Welcome on Luchtzak hepo :) Enjoy the site :P

Greetz
Chris
8)