Flight Report HRG - BRU

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Kcinnay

Flight Report HRG - BRU

Post by Kcinnay »

During Krokusverlof, I went to Egypt, first 4 days to Luxor (LXR) and then on to El Gouna, approx. 30 km away off Hurghada (HRG) . Sorry folks, but I forgot to make a report off my flight to Luxor, possibly because the departure time was at 04 am. so, a little bit to early to be awake. But I made one of the return flight, to compensate :wink:

HRG - BRU on Thursday 26th February 2004

scheduled departure time / landing time: 12.15 / 16.15

effective departure time / landing time: 13.15 / 17.26

aircraft: Thomas Cook Belgium Airbus A-320-231 OO-TCB "explore"

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/423961/M/

our flight was one of the last flights without the '2nd anniversary sticker' on both sides of the aircraft.

stats: captain Mr. Vanden Bos

Take-Off Runway HRG: 34L
outside temperature @ HRG: 32° C
forecast @ HRG: verry sunny - no clouds
39 seconds to reach 'rotate'
265 km/h Take-Off Speed
cause of the delay was the bad weather @ BRU, due to snow and ice

height: 34 000 ft
ground speed: 785 km/h
80 km/h headwind
outside temperature @ cruising alt. -55° C
flight plan: HRG - Sinaï-desert - Caïro - North-Africancoastline - Creta - Athens (and new olympic site) - Corfu - Brindisi - Ancona - Venize - Innsbruck - Stuttgart - Frankfurt - Haacht - BRU

Landing Runway BRU: 25L
outside temperature @ BRU: 2° C
forecast @ BRU: overcast - snow
245 km/h Lading Speed with one of the most perfect landings I ever had, just a light stall before touching down runway 25L

the flight itself: problems began with the safety-briefing when one of the IFE-screans (the first one at the ABC-side) didn't worked. So the crew had to do it manually. There was quite a long hesitation where they put the safety-items for a manual demonstration, is still understable cause I think the last 3 or even 4 years every safety-breafing was done digitally.
During the flight itself, all the remaining IFE-screans began to had the same problem (irritating lines trough it, and no colors anymore, and finally a complete broke down :x )

the food was very nice, I had some fresh salad, afterwards a chickenbreast with patatoes and an assortiment vegetables. We also had some cheese, and a applepie :dance:

the service was well, except the purser who was really angry (probably due the IFE :wink: ) and had no feeling in the work she was doing. The other crew-members where very friendly, nice work they did.

Also on that same flight I met a girl which from now on is called my girlfriend :dance: so I am extremely happy (and so is she :thumbsup2: )

This was my first flight report, so it's possible that there are some remarks, just give them to me, so I can work on it on my next flight :wink:

Greetz

Kcinnay
Last edited by Kcinnay on 24 Mar 2004, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

wow superb report. WHere did u get all the details? Did u go into the flightdeck?

Congrats with ur girlfriend! U see what flying can be good for ...
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for very nice (and technically detailed) flight report, Kcinnay. I like your routing through the very important city of Haacht (and its excellent pils beer...).

Was your meal hot or cold? And what did you drink?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:I like your routing through the very important city of Haacht (and its excellent pils beer...).
You mean Primus :drink: (sorry that icon is the wrong colour for Primus :lol: )
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Kcinnay

Post by Kcinnay »

thanks killerwhale65 and sn26567 :-) you are making my day, together with my girl hé

For the details, some of them the captain said trough the intercom and for the others, I asked him. Really a very friendly cockpit-crew. I didn't visited the flightdek, except afterwards to get the info's but, I already flow so many times and al different planes. I think I know how A 320 - cockpit looks like (just the same as the Sabena A 319's which I visited rather often.)

And yes the mean meal was hot, we even got some warm bread (and it smelled extremely good, so another advantage of seating in the front row.)
But I didn't went so much there, most of the flight time => read 4.30 hours I stayed overwings, next to the exit doors where thr girl was seated :-) The time flew away ;-) and before knowing it the crew asked me to go to my seat cause we where already above Belgian Territory. My mother and I took some white wine, my father some red wine and afterwards, we drunk a bottle of champagne and a baileys (but the baileys and the champagne where payable, so that you don't think we got everything for free :-) on TC flights :(
Last edited by Kcinnay on 10 Mar 2004, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the very nice report Kcinnay :P

And of course congrats for your girlfriend ;)

Chris
8)

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Kcinnay,

did you wear your luchtzak t-shirt when you meet your girlfriend ? I have been told that that T-shirt is a real lady-killer 8)

thanks for the nice report by the way ;-)

greetz,

Bart
:rock:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Kcinnay wrote:And yes the mean meal was hot, we even got some warm bread (and it smelled extremely good, so another advantage of seating in the front row.) My mother and I took some white wine, my father some red wine and afterwards, we drunk a bottle of champagne and a baileys (but the baileys and the champagne where payable, so that you don't think we got everything for free :-) on TC flights :(
Were you in "premium class"? Did passengers further back get the same meals and drinks?

I'm asking, because I booked Thomas Cook in premium class for my upcoming trip to Lanzarote...
André
ex Sabena #26567

TWA

Post by TWA »

Dating on an A/C , way to go buddy. LOVE IS IN THE AIR, I CAN SEE IT....know that song!!!!!

TWA

Glider

Post by Glider »

Where's my T-shirt :!: :?: :!: :?:
:lol: :oops:

Nice report Kcinnay! Where there still 1698... checkpoints at the Hurghada airport? :D

Kcinnay

Post by Kcinnay »

Glider wrote:Where's my T-shirt :!: :?: :!: :?:
:lol: :oops:

Nice report Kcinnay! Where there still 1698... checkpoints at the Hurghada airport? :D
we booked our stay with pegase, so I do think it was premium class, cause my grilfriend who was seated 10 rows behind had spaghetti in stead of the vegetables and patatoes, but still the chickenbreast, and they didn't got the pie. For the rest, the service is the same, you don't have more legspace :cry: so you're a little bit cramped but its only for a few hours. Meaby you don't get a alcoholic drink with the dinner for free????

and yes they still have so many stupid checkpoints :D

Kcinnay

Post by Kcinnay »

luchtzak wrote:Kcinnay,

did you wear your luchtzak t-shirt when you meet your girlfriend ? I have been told that that T-shirt is a real lady-killer 8)

thanks for the nice report by the way ;-)

greetz,

Bart
:rock:
no Bart, i didn't wear it at the airport :oops: cause we heard it was snowing in Belgium, so i was wearing some sweaters and othert warm stuff :wink: My mom took 2 pics of me wearing it, (one frontside and one backside) but I have some problems with uploading them ... :cry: anybody some help??

Jense

Post by Jense »

André,

Don't worry about Thomas Cook, it's a really nice airline:
- nice planes
- nice food (altought you are in Y-class)
- friendly service
- altought: all what you need for a good flight
(TCB is the best charter-airline of Belgium, better than SLR :( /TUI/...)

Alcoholic drinks are payable, it's written on their website/in their books...
Enjoy your trip!

greettzzz

gliding-glider

Post by gliding-glider »

Jense wrote:André,

Don't worry about Thomas Cook, it's a really nice airline:
- nice planes
- nice food (altought you are in Y-class)
- friendly service
- altought: all what you need for a good flight
(TCB is the best charter-airline of Belgium, better than SLR :( /TUI/...)

Alcoholic drinks are payable, it's written on their website/in their books...
Enjoy your trip!

greettzzz

As far as we can read, the purser wasn't friendly at all .... and she has to be the ,, leader ,, and give the example to her fellow colleagues (perhaps that's the mentality now).

Re ... nice airline !! I certainly know that you did, but have you ever flown on a real charter airline .... (SLR, CTB, MPH, TRA, ....) That were or are charter airlines, TCB can learn al lot of them (but that's my personal opinion of course).

Greetz,

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

Thomas Cook is (was) way better then SLR regarding to the food you get on board. Also the staff is very friendly always. Never had problems with that.

ALso last year i noticed for the first time that pilot and co-pilot greeted passengers when boarding and leaving. On boarding the pilot was greeting, and on leaving the copilot was (or it was the other way around, i don't remember).
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Jense wrote:TCB is the best charter-airline of Belgium, better than SLR
That's also what my daughter told me. In January she came from Lanzarote wuth TCAB and went back with SLR, and by far preferred the first.

But no way to compare anymore :cry:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Kcinnay

Post by Kcinnay »

RYR8023 wrote:Can anybody in da house tell me more about that Luchtzak-t-shirt ?? :D
very comfortable to wear, nice reminder of the website (so www.luchtzak.be titling) in front and on the backside is an SN Brussels Avro.

Very nice t-shirt and it is possible to order if you want :D than you should ask Bart

I don't have webspace so I can't show the pics but if someone wants to help :wink: (only 2 pics of me 8) )

Jense

Post by Jense »

sn26567 wrote:
Jense wrote:TCB is the best charter-airline of Belgium, better than SLR
That's also what my daughter told me. In January she came from Lanzarote wuth TCAB and went back with SLR, and by far preferred the first.

But no way to compare anymore :cry:
BRU-ACE-BRU is MY route :wink: :P :wink:
I flew the BRU-ACE-BRU route 7 times :wink:

greettzzz

Avro

Post by Avro »

I don't have webspace so I can't show the pics but if someone wants to help :wink: (only 2 pics of me 8) )
You can always go on http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/index.php and create your own album ;)

I have the "old" T-shirt (limited edition :mrgreen:) where the Avro pic is on the front and nothing on the back. O the following link on can see Emmy ( Bart's girlfriend) wearing that T-shirt: http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayim ... m=44&pos=4

Greetz
Chris
8)