Frequence Plus Question

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
vflies

Frequence Plus Question

Post by vflies »

Hello everyone:

Could you plz help me answer a question?

What are the conditions (miles/flights) to fulfill to become a Frequence Plus Red for members in Belgium in 2004?

I browsed Air France's website without finding it...
Hope somebody here can help me answer that and compare conditions required to reach top elite status with the various Skyteam carriers.

Thanks a lot already!

VFlies

vflies

Post by vflies »

uh? anyone??

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I'd love to help you, but I'm not a member of Frequence Plus, only of the Delta FF scheme.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

I didn't find the necessary info in their timetable/on their website.

The best thing you can do is call them.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

vflies

Post by vflies »

Thank you both for your answer!

You're right, Fred. I couldn't find the info either... that's why I asked here! ;-)
And when you call them, they're really evasive in the answer they give you... "When you fly enough, you become FP Blue and then you can even become FP Red" :?

André. You probably understand my problem too as you're a DL member.
I pool my miles in 4 main accounts (Delta Skymiles for all Skyteam carriers, the ones I choose to fly most, BMI Diamond Club for Star, AAdvantage for OneWorld and Privilege...)

Following last year's change of policy for Medallion qualification miles, this month, Delta downgraded me from Medallion Platinum to Gold level for 2004! :evil: So I'm no longer entitled to free lounges, including their Crown Rooms or automatic upgrades... :cry:
But as those benefits are awarded to all "Elite Plus" level members of a Skyteam FF scheme, I'm now shopping for more privileges elsewhere...

With only 2 elite levels, AF seemed to be the answer... but I can't get the exact conditions to fulfill to regain my ElitePlus status...
Maybe I should wait until Flying Dutchman joins in too?

But right now, I'm just so mad at Delta, I feel like using up my miles before they expire in 2007 and start building a new mileage elsewhere!

VFlies

caffelatteo

Post by caffelatteo »

For me (in the US), 25k miles are reqired for FP Bleu and 40k for FP Red. My statements say these thresholds apply to all FP members residing outside "metropolitan France", so I assume they apply to Belgium, too. I don't remember how many flight segments would be required, though, and I have any statements lying around. I do remember they are significantly less than DL's requirements.

Teo

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for accurate reply, caffelatteo, and welcome to Luchtzak.
André
ex Sabena #26567

vflies

Post by vflies »

First of all, sorry for my very very late answer, Caffelatteo...
And thanks a lot of your reply to my question...

It is indeed a HUGE difference between the 40k miles flown needed on AF and the 100k miles paid for on DL!!!!!!!

However I haven't had a chance to answer earlier because I was travelling extensively all the time and I've now been reinstated a Platinum Medallion member for the remaining of the year and all of 2005!

At least I'll enjoy some privileges to compensate the hassles and hurdles of constant travelling!

Thanks again for your answer,

VFlies