BRU-MAD-TFS on IB in 2002

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

BRU-MAD-TFS on IB in 2002

Post by sab319 »

This will my third flightreport for luchtzak. This time I will tell you al about my flights with Iberia to Tenerife in the Carnival holiday of 2002.

We had won a stay of one week in an apartment complex on Tenerife and we decide to go there during the carnivalholidays of 2002. Because Sabena went bankrupt we chose to fly with Iberia.

We departed on a saturday, the flight to Madrid departed at 18:00 so we didn’t have to get up early. At 15:30 the airportservice rang at the door and then off we went.
When we arrived at the airport we went directly to the check-in desks after a short queu we got our seats on both flights twice 2 seats one window and one other. After that we went to the satellite where we would board the aircraft, because it was dark outside we couldn’t see anything. When we boarded the aircraft we got a newspaper and headphones. The aircraft was a B752 (so as the 3 other flights). The seating was very spacious and the inflight service was excellent. For safety purposes there was a movie whit all things you have to do in case of an emergency. The explanations in Spanish and English where spoken and the Dutch and French announcements where taperecorded (that was much clearer then the Iberia-crew version of English). After a smooth flight of 2h we landed In Madrid (It’s quite spectacular take-off or landing at night because you see all those lights)

In Madrid we had to wait two hours before our connecting flight departed. But we didn’t have to walk far because it was the gate right beside ours, in the meantime I saw an IB A300 arrive. After 2h waiting we where bussed to our Plane again A B752, under the way A saw an IB B742 and a Varig MD11 taking off. We boarded the aircraft and we landed 2 and half hour later in TFS, It was already 1 o’clock in the morning so we where the only flight at TFS!

After a nice week of holiday (I could see all the aircraft landing at TFS because they flew right over the hotel), we had to depart again. That day it rained a lot so we where very happy that when we took a taxi to the airport it stopped for a while.
We where at the airport at around 20:00 and the flight didn’t leave until 2:00 the next day so we had to wait till midnight before we could check-in. When we where waiting for check-in to open we hears that a SLR flight was boarding. In the large departure hall of TFS hangs a miniature model of an Hapag-Lloyd A310 in old colors. When check-in finally opened we where one of the first to check-in and again we got two window seats on both flights.
When we went to the gates area there where still 3 Airlib 737’s boarding all flying to Paris Orly with ten minutes interval. We boarded the AC and after a very smooth flight we landed 20 minutes early in Madrid. Where we had to wait till 8:00 before the flight to BRU departed. While waiting I could see A lot of Iberia, Spanair and Air Europa planes.
The flight to BRU was again very smooth only the served breakfast could be a bit more generous. But after 2h flying we landed on 25L and taxied to the satellite, the end of a wonderful week of holiday.

It was a great experience and I wouldn’t mind flying Iberia again, but this time on a day flight because when you fly at night it’s hard to take photos.

This was my last flight report for now but when I fly to Cyprus in july I will make a nice report of it too, so stay tuned!!! :D :D :D :D

Jense

Post by Jense »

Again a very nice and interesting report :!:
Thank you :!:

greettzzz

Airborne

Post by Airborne »

A nice report, sab319 :!:
I'm looking forward to your Cyprus report :!: :wink:

Greetzzz,
Kristof :wink:

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for this very informative flight report sab319 :)

Continue to post them ;)

Chris

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

Nice report! Keep them posting!!
(Expect one from me to from my trip to New York with AA in July)

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

Comet

Post by Comet »

sab319 - you write a superb flight report. We look forward to your next ones :lol:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise