BRU-WAW-BRU with LOT

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
terenia

BRU-WAW-BRU with LOT

Post by terenia »

For urgent family reasons I had to go to Warsaw in a hurry. My passport had expired at the end of November, and I made the mistake not to renew it immediately. I had to ask for a new one with the 24 hrs urgency procedure: that has cost me a whopping 250€. So, if I may give you some advice, renew your pasport in time, it will cost you only 69€.

I booked the flights through Internet. All flights are codeshared between SN and LO. I looked on both websites, and the prices were identical: 351€. I thus chose SN for the Privilege miles, more advantageous than the LO-LH-etc Miles & More. But the aircraft were LOT.

My departure to WAW on 4 February was on a B737-500 (LO234 departure 19.15 arrival 21.15). I had an aisle seat, which I prefer because I like to stretch my legs. Load factor was about 80% but I had an empty seat next to me. Excellent service: a nice cold dish (meat, patatoes, salad) and a chocolate bar, with a small bottle of wine, all served with a smile (of course, I could speak Polish with the stewardesses, but they had an excellent command of English as well). On time arrival after an uneventful flight.

For the return on 11 February I had similar conditions. Flight LO231 was also a Boeing 737-500, departure 19.45 arrival 21.50. Load factor 80%, but again a free seat next to my aisle seat. Another cold dish, this time with a selection of cheeses and a salad, a roll of bread, a chocolate bar and another bottle of wine, which I supplemented with an after dinner Bailey's. The plane departed on time, and thanks to favourable winds, arrived 20 minutes early.

If it were not for the circumstances of my travel, it would have been an excellent trip.

sabena4ever

Post by sabena4ever »

Thank you for your report despite the sadly circumstances of your trip.
Best regards

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Nice report Terenia, hopefully your next flight will be in better conditions...

greetings,

Bart

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Thanks for your report.
Sounds like an excellent flight if the reason for the trip was something else.

Best Regards,
Yvo

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Thank you for your report Terenia.

deepest sympathies,
TriStar

A318

Post by A318 »

Sounds like LOT is offering a good service, sorry to hear you couldn't enjoy it due to your reasons off traveling.

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

A318 wrote:Sounds like LOT is offering a good service
Since 3 or 4 years, LOT has always been voted the best airline of Eastern Europe by the OAG readers.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for this very nice report Terania, despite the sad circumstances

Chris