Experience on LH's long-haul?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Jense

Experience on LH's long-haul?

Post by Jense »

Hallo all,

Probably you know it, in April I will fly Lufthansa to Denver (BRU-FRA-DEN-PHX) My question is: has someone experience with LH's long-haul flights, the catering, passenger-handling, etc... ? I'm realy looking forward to that wonderfull trip.

greettzzz

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I have heard that the new A340-600's have holes where the PTV's should be...
Don't know about the other aircraft.

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

LoBoTiC wrote:I have heard that the new A340-600's have holes where the PTV's should be...
8O :evil: 8O

Jense

Post by Jense »

I forgot to write: flight operated with a B747/400. Probably no A340-600 :( :cry:

greettzzz

Jense

Post by Jense »

OO-SBZ wrote:
LoBoTiC wrote:I have heard that the new A340-600's have holes where the PTV's should be...
Indeed, OO-SBZ, but sadly true: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/486589/M/

Such a bad decision that LH made...

greettzzz

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

LH has no planns to put the A346 on the FRA-DEN run (your flight will most probably be operated by the B744).

LH has no PVT's on long haul, and as written above, even their brand new A346 doesn't have them (but... the holes are already installed in the seats, and may contain a PVT sometime... Also the wires will probably be already installed). I wouldn't care too much about not having a PVT (15 years ago, nobody was talking about them, and nobody needed them). You will get a pair of headsets, and will be able to listen to several music channels + the films shown on the various monitors through the cabin.

Are you flying under a LH flight number, or under a UA flight nr?

Anyway, LH is known as a solid machine: they bring you from A to B, probably without too much problems (delays,... of course there can always go something wrong). You know exactly what you can expect (a consistent service, typically German).

Service is average to good.

Comfort-wise: I hear that the B744 is more cramped than the A343. LH has 31inch seat pitch (standard for a lot of EU carriers). If you need more, try to arrange an exit row seat.

Try to check-in using the self service check-in machines, it's always nice when you can select your own seats.

Good luck, have a nice holiday...

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Jense

Post by Jense »

Thanks for the additional info, Frederic. My flights are the next:
FRA-DEN LH 446
DEN-FRA LH 447
Codeshared flight with UA...
(PVT's or not, I don't care, give me a window-seat and everything is OK :D )
greettzzz

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Jense wrote:
OO-SBZ wrote:
Indeed, OO-SBZ, but sadly true: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/486589/M/

Such a bad decision that LH made...

greettzzz
Not a bad but a wise decision from LH management!

LH manages to fill it's planes, and is running a profitable organisation. There exists something like return-on-investment!! Putting PVT's through the whole LH long haul fleet is a very costy operation, which seems to be unnecessary for LH at the moment.

Personally I don't understand all the fuss about a PVT's. I would find it nice to have my personnal 'airshow' (I mean the flight-map), but for the rest I don't care at all. Bring a good book with you, or sleep...

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

A318

Post by A318 »

When I see PVT's I have think about the Swiss MD-11 crash. Strange but true, since I saw on television all started with over heated wires from their brand new video entertainment system. Like I just saw on the picture from the LH A340-600 is just fine with me.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

OO-SBZ wrote:
me too 8O

So it seems the PVT system is standard and not optional, or it is getting a very commonly chosen option.

As Frederic said, do you really need this to fill your plane :?:

ciao,
TriStar :evil:

Jense

Post by Jense »

L-1011 wrote:
OO-SBZ wrote:
As Frederic said, do you really need this to fill your plane :?:
Fore some flights would it be nice... When you get a 13 hours flight, I guess you read more then one book... ore it become boring...
But, I agree...

greettzzz