Liebensd => California

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
vflies

Post by vflies »

Even though it was not such a nice trip as Dave's, I also came back from a business trip in NYC with Delta a few days ago.

Well, on Feb 16 (President's Day holiday), DL140 from JFK to BRU was also overbooked... They made the usual PA annoucements offering money and a free ticket to pax willing to give up their seat...

Most surprisingly we were leaving from gate 28, not usually used as intl gate... so it didn't have those great info screens DL has with everything from flight info (dep time, flight time, menu, movies, etc) to weather at destination...

It was also next to the Song gates. Quite interesting how they make the boarding annoucements for Song!

Maybe because it was an overnight service, maybe he just forgot (?), but the Captain didn't make the PA asking passengers not to congregate or form lines to bathrooms and reminding us to follow FA's instructions...

Flight was very nice. As usual with DL, very nice (if somewhat older) FA's take your coat and offer you drinks as soon as you board.
I had my usual seat (3A) and was lucky to have a nice, quiet businesslady travelling next to me (can't stand those chit-chatters!)
We left the gate 25 minutes late but taxi at JFK was unusually short...
I don't usually eat on flights but I worked a little, drank plenty of water and still managed to get a good five hours sleep on a 6hours and 35minutes flight. Not bad.
We landed at 9am in BRU (20 minutes early) and parked at the end of the B-pier again so I had to take a wake-up hike to immigration (seemless in BRU) and the luggage carousels...
Hate that!
At least my 'priority-tagged' checked-in bag was the first to arrive and I was fast on my way...

How was my trip? Uneventful, the way I like it! ;-)

VFlies

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for nice report, Vance. Your first one, I think. It's rarely disappointing to travel C-class.
André
ex Sabena #26567

C-117

Post by C-117 »

An excellent report - although I believe my "priority" luggage has made it to the carousel ahead of coach luggage only twice in more years of flying as pax/non-rev than I care to admit!
Cheers

Avro

Post by Avro »

Very nice report Vance :P

Chris
8)

vflies

Post by vflies »

Thank you all for your nice comments.

I'll be back in NYC in just two days, same flights (DL141-140)
If there's anything special, I'll make sure to keep you posted!
In the meantime, I'm racking up those miles!!!

VFlies

Comet

Post by Comet »

Great report Vance. It's nice to read about trans Atlantic flights in this forum, gives a great diversity of airlines!

Enjoy your next trips.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise