Liebensd => California

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

luchtzak wrote:Wow, 4 different people who write the same message. Cool !! 8) 8)

Bart
:rock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bart

4 different people, one single message but 4 different texts :wink:

Regards

BeN :idea:

A318

Post by A318 »

Nice to see you again Dave, I wonder if you enjoyed it a little and what was the most impressive you saw. For me was the drive to Mulholland drive, what a view from LA you get there and San Fransico was great to!
I hope you can type fast ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Hey Dave, welcome back.

Can't wait to read your minutes (I felt the need to change the sentence, don't know why :-) )
André
ex Sabena #26567

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Report of my trip to California

First with the train from Hasselt to Brussels, almost 2 hours. When we checked in I saw that the screens at Brussels Airport still have some nostalgic, you can still read Sabena on it. The check in took some time, but what do you expect when you want to check inn with 79 people at the same time. After check inn we went to the restaurant with the view to gate A and B. There were 2 SN Brussels Airlines A330 preparing for departure.
We had a 763ER to JFK DL141 N155DL, my seat was 39A, so next to the window. The interior of the aircraft was not so good, it was old. First a soft drink with pretzels and than the meal, because I was on the back of the aircraft we didn’t had a choice what we would eat. It was “ Seasonal Garden Salad with Italian dressing, Herbed Breast of Chicken accompanied by sautéed spinach, Carottes and mashed Red-skin Potatoes with horseradish, Bread and butter and Cheese” and the dessert was “ Red Currant Cream cake”( tasted very well), the other menu was “ Farfalle pasta enhanced by four-cheese sauce, with roasted Vegetables and marinara Sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese. One hour before landing we had a snack, “ turkey and Cheese on Caibatta Bread”.
After the US immigration I had the chance to walk to the other end of the terminal, where I saw a new Alitalia Boeing 777 EI-DBK. We departed for San Francisco at the evening DL1594, N617DL. This was not a nice flight, 6 hours of flying we just received one soft drink and pretzels, you could buy some snacks but nobody did it, and water as much as you wanted. There was even for me not enough space in the aircraft, and the crew was just reading some books. There were 7 television screens in the aircraft and there was no screen with the same colour of the image.
In San Francisco we visited the city, Alcatraz and The USS Hornet in Oakland. From the deck of the ship you can see aircrafts landing and departing at the airport of Oakland. When we drove to LA I saw the airport of San Jose with som ATA’s, Airborne Express and South West aircrafts.
We didn’t stay long enough in LA, I didn’t have seen the city or the beach, just Universal Studio’s.
From LA we went to Sea world before going to San Diego, it is a nice place and you can see Aircrafts departing from the parking area of Sea World of San Diego’s Airport. We also didn’t visited the city. The next day we visited the Car and Aerospace museum, the car museum was small and the aerospace museum was nice but noting really special. From the car park you can see aircraft landing at San Diego’s Airport. In the afternoon we went to Tijuana 5mexico) but I didn’t liked there.
The next day we travelled to Las Vegas, and saw the city during the evening. During the following morning we went to the Hoover Dam and after that a 5 hour ride to the Grand Canyon that we visited the next morning. I also took a flight over the Grand Canyon with Grand Canyon Airlines with a Twin Otter, N172GC. In the afternoon we went back To Vegas.
In the Morning we too DL1488 to Cincinnati with Boeing 757 N689DL. The flight was good and we got a soft drink and some Belgian Biscuits of Lotus. At Cincinnati Airport there was an Air France Airbus 340 waiting for departure. From Cincinnati we flew with an Boeing 763 (I don’t remember the registration) to JFK, DL1970. The flight was good with only a 50% load factor and a short distance the aircraft flew at a moment more than 1050Km/H.
After some shopping at JFK we went back to Belgium with DL140, N189DN a Boeing 763. On this flight we had the same problem as on the BRU-JFK flight, no choise of the food. This flight was also overbooked and the also sold the cabin crew rest seats.

Greetz,

Dave
Last edited by liebensd on 14 Feb 2004, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Nice report Dave!
Do you have some pictures? :oops:

Greetings
Airbuske :)

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Thanks for this very nice report.

As I can see the service on Delta is not that good... but they even get over-booked planes in January...

Regards

BeN :idea:

Jense

Post by Jense »

liebensd wrote: During the following morning we went to the Hoover Dam and after that a 5 hour ride to the Grand Canyon that we visited the next morning. I also took a flight over the Grand Canyon with Grand Canyon Airlines with a Twin Otter, N172GC. In the afternoon we went back To Vegas.
I will fly Grand Canyon Airlines in April, on my trip in Arizona. We will also visit Las Vegas and the hoover-dam...
(I will try to rember the reg.)
Was it a nice flight?
Do you got pictures?
Anyway, what a nice report! Congratulations!

greettzzz

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

I have some pictures, it are analog pictures and I am back from yesterday so there are not ready, next week I will post them If they are ok.

Greetz,

Dave

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

liebensd wrote:I have some pictures, it are analog pictures and I am back from yesterday so there are not ready, next week I will post them If they are ok.

Greetz,

Dave
Ok thx Dave

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Thank you for this very nice report Dave.

Best Regards,
Yvo

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

This are the Delta meals on their national flights

Greetz,

Dave

Comet

Post by Comet »

That's an interesting report Dave. I too visited Universal Studios in LA a couple of times, and I know what you meana bout good aircraft views from Sea World in San Diego (I saw the Southwest "Shamu" Boeing 737 as it took off from there.)
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Thanks for this report Dave, I hope you enjoyed your trip :!: (I'll also say WELCOME BACK)

I know what you mean by not having any space to move at all in the national flights. I remember my DDL flight from CVG to SFO on a 757 that was packed like a charter !!

I'm already awaiting the pics anxiously :D

ciao,
TriStar :wink:

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for this nice report Dave.

I also flew with Dl's B767 and B757 and must say that the B757 was indeed less comfortable than the B767

Ciao
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Very nice report, notwithstanding your jetlag!

Delta used to be much better than it is now, but price competition takes its toll, I guess.

You made me remember with nostalgy many of the nice places that you visited.

Thanks, Dave, nice to have you back in the team!
André
ex Sabena #26567

A318

Post by A318 »

Nice report Dave and thanks for clearing my mind about Delta. I really thought they had excellent service onboard but as you just reported it isn't. That is number two since I also hear a lot of complaints about NWA, even worse. Everybody advices me to fly Continental since they should have still their high service level, anybody experience with CO long haul?
Thanks again Dave!

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Here are some pictures. These are not from me but from people that I know.

The aircraft of the BRU-JFK flight

JFK airport

The aircraft that we took for a Grand Canyon flight.

San Diego's Aerospace museum

BTW: These photo's are better than my photos.

Greetz

Dave

A318

Post by A318 »

Nice pics Dave, the Delta 767 looks fine to me but the inside was not so nice as you mentioned.
I didn't take the Grand Canyon flight when I was there since it seems a lot of accidents happen in the Grand Canyon. I am talking about maybe 10 or 12 years ago that I was there :)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

Nice pics Dave, thx for uploading them 8)

Chris

C-117

Post by C-117 »

For anyone visiting California AND has the time,
SAN DIEGO, SAN DIEGO, SAN DIEGO! Formerly Lindbergh Field, "SAN" has some great planespotting areas: Spanish Landing Park is adjacent to the main runways - also, approach & departure are right over downtown which is on a hill - this leads to other implications but...