Liebensd => California

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
liebensd

Liebensd => California

Post by liebensd »

Tomorrow I will have a little vacation in California. Together with 78 people of school we will leave for a 11 day trip to California and Nevada. We will fly with Delta Airlines a 767 to New York and from New York to San Francisco with a 757.
After a trip in California and Nevada we will fly from Las Vegas to Cincinnati and from there to New York JFK, both flights will be operated with a 757. From New York to Brussels with, we will arrive at 9H30 in Brussels on February 13.

I will post a review on Luchtzak after the trip.

Greetz,

Dave

Jense

Post by Jense »

Héhé, have nice holidays...
Enjoy your trip, don't forget: we love aviation-pics and reports (like you said) :D :D

greettzzz

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hi Dave,

All the best on your flights!

Have a nice holiday...

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

JetB

Post by JetB »

Wish I was one of those 78 people 8) .

Anyway, I fly Delta because the company I work for gets great deals from them. Once I receive a flight to Honolulu for free from them.

I always try to avoid JFK, Atlanta is so much nicer. The Delta JFK terminal is the old Pan-Am terminal, and not much has changed since then.
But last week Delta announced they are going to invest 300 mil. thats a good thing.

I hate immigration in New York, lines are looooooooong and it can take up to 90 min.
The 767 from BRU isn't much special in economy, they don't have a individual entertainment system. Business Elite is really great I hope you can upgrade. The seats in economy are small and there isn't much legroom, catering is standard (meat / chicken).

I prefer American Airlines and Continental, but Delta is OK especially for the price, I know they are cheap from BRU.

Nevada..... Las Vegas, I just love it, the food is cheap and its so much fun. If you gamble the drinks are for FREE even when you play the slot machines. Go to the old Vegas if you like to see real gambling, The strip is only for tourist's.

San Fransisco is not my cop a coffee, nice beautiful place, to expensive, cant stand the people.
LA, fun fun fun hope you can go to Six Flags California, its nothing like the Six Flags in Belgium.
You can also go to a Movie studio for free and visit a TV show taping. I suggest you do it and the Hollywood magic is gone..... :?
I love San-Diego, don't know if you go there but its a great place, from there you can go over the border to Mexico. Its like going from luxury to a 3th wold country, but cheap cheap cheap......

Ohhhhhhh I need to go soon, talking about it makes me wanna go.
Have a great trip.

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Enjoy the trip Dave :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I was still @ school, our final year trip was to Prague :roll:

Regards

BeN :idea:

JetB

Post by JetB »

Prague wooaaaaaw, we went to Paris :cry:

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

I also went Paris with school, but that was on may last year of secondary ( or how do you call "secundair onderwijs") and now it with the “Hogeschool”.

BobClaes,

We will visit indeed Los Angeles, San Diego and Mexico. Also the aerospace museum in San Diego. But first a 2hours train trip from Hasselt to Brussels Airport.

Greetz,

Dave

JetB

Post by JetB »

The aerospace museum in San Diego isn't big, but its in a nice park (Balboa Park) and there is also Sea World, there is a brewery inside the park, and yes FREE beer sampling 8)
Are you guy's going with the red trolley to Mexico ?.
Please be very careful in Tijuana, there is only one rule over there "Money talks, Sh** walks" 8O .

vflies

Post by vflies »

And SAN has a fabulous airport! It doesn't get more "downtown" than that!!!

Don't forget to enjoy the Gaslight Quarter at night (safe and fun).
Btw always have your picture ID with you, you'll get carded everywhere : bars, restaurants, clubs... often even if you don't want to drink alcohol as you have to be 21 to access premises with a liquor license!

That's a problem you won't have south of the border but beware: Tijuana is as seedy as it gets! Quite a dangerous and repulsive place IMHO!
Have fun!

VFlies

airDD

Post by airDD »

If you want to go spotting, go to the Dockweiler State Beach at LAX. You can see all the planes fly over the beach towards the ocean from the 4 parallel runways.

airDD

Comet

Post by Comet »

I have visited LA several times (but always flights with Air New Zealand - the worst carrier you can possibly imagine!) Universal Studios is a good place to visit, and the rides there are fun. There is Wilshire Boulevard with a load of museums (the La Brea Tar Pits are my favourite) and the food you get in LA is superb.

Tijuana is a dump, avoid like the plague. We went there on a trip from LA, you are constantly accosted by beggars, traders, taxi drivers. We had our own way of dealing with them, we just said "can t'a talk Tyke?" (sorry for the use of Broad Yorkshire Andre!) shuts them up straight away because they don't know what we were talking about!

I think Delta have a good reputation, but we always said we would fly with Air Canada if we went to LA again (even though it is via Toronto) because there are no carriers from the UK who fly straight through that we want to fly with.
Last edited by Comet on 01 Feb 2004, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

SN30952

Re: Liebensd => California

Post by SN30952 »

liebensd wrote:I will post a review on Luchtzak after the trip. Greetz,
Dave
Hi Dave,
Are going places where there is no Internet....
We expect you post a daily situation...in this forum topic you created yourself!
But, have no worries, we will fill your mailbox, so you won't miss no virus during your vacation!!! :lol:
You will never forget Friday the 13TH, 2004! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by SN30952 on 01 Feb 2004, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

Jense

Post by Jense »

From next year on, I go on school-holidays every year. The destination is depending of the money we have ... But I know I'm going probably tho BCN next year ... ( :offtopic: )

greettzzz

Avro

Post by Avro »

Have very nice flights Dave. :D: :D:
And enjoy your holiday

Allready lokking forward to read all your reports ;)

Ciao
Chris
8)

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Hello,

I am back.

I will post a review soon

Greetz,

Dave

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Welcome back Dave.
I'm really looking forward to your report.

Best Regards,
Yvo

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Welcome back Dave! :mrgreen:

Hope to read your review soon...

Cheers
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Avro

Post by Avro »

Welcome back Dave. 8)

Hope to read your report soon ;)

Ciao
Chris
8)

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Welcome back!

We can't wait to read your report :lol:

Regards

BeN :idea:

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Wow, 4 different people who write the same message. Cool !! 8) 8)

Dave,

can't wait to read your report 8)

greetz,

Bart
:rock: