SN to BRU Earlier Than I Thought!!!

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

AN124 wrote:Also nice to fly: KLM and Lufthansa.
But not on an Avro (6 seats per row!): even less space than on a VEX 737 :(
Last edited by sn26567 on 28 Dec 2003, 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

BobClaes wrote:Maybe you can visit the Belle Vue brewery - Molenbeek (Brussels).
That's not a brewery!! It's an artificial soft-drink factory :-(
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

luchtzak wrote:
Comet wrote:I get a breakfast
Comet,

on your breakfast-flight you will get:

- easy and friendly check-in and boarding,
- free newspaper and inflight magazine,
- a refreshment before the initial service: orange juice or water,
- a wet towel to wash your hands after reading your free newspaper,
- sandwich of cheese/ham with a hot croissant,
- coffee or tea,
- another softdrink if you like,
- chocolates just before you land.

And this all with smiles and professionalism ;-)
Comet wrote:on my flight back in the evening I get a snack
This time in stead of the croissant and the cheese-sandwich you will have the choice between 2 sandwiches.
Comet wrote:hopefully something not in the in flight meal photo database so I can take a photo!)
Normally not as SN BA changed inflight product recently with a wide choice of sandwiches (bacon-eggs, cheese/ham, turkey, chicken curry, etc. etc.)
Bart - all this makes me hungry :lol: All those sandwiches are types I normally love, and anything flavoured with curry is especially welcome!

Breakfasts have been some of the nicest airline meals I've had, but all the Belgian in flights meals have been good, and chocolates before landing, that is a nice touch. I cannot wait :mrgreen:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:
BobClaes wrote:Maybe you can visit the Belle Vue brewery - Molenbeek (Brussels).
That's not a brewery!! It's an artificial soft-drink factory :-(
Andre - you're obviously not a fan of Belle Vue Kriek then :?:

Sadly any brewery visits will have to be put on hold until September, I'm going to Brussels to track down some of my elusive favourites such as Sloeber, Ename, Westvleteren if I can carry them :!:
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

I got my tickets today - now that's what I call quick service from Expedia!!

Now roll on 8.50 am on 31st March :lol: :lol: :lol:
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Details of your flights from OAG online:

SN Brussels Airlines SN 2038

Depart Birmingham, Birmingham International Airport
Depart time 8:50am Wednesday Mar 31, 2004
Terminal Terminal 2

Arrive Brussels, Brussels National Airport
Arrive Time 11:05am Wednesday Mar 31, 2004
Terminal
Total Time 1 Hrs, 15 Mins

Aircraft Stops
Business Class Breakfast
Economy Class Breakfast
Day of Operation MoTuWeThFr *Valid Mar 29 2004 until Jan 8 2005
Aircraft Avro RJ85

-------

SN Brussels Airlines SN 2047

Depart Brussels, Brussels National Airport
Depart time 6:20pm Wednesday Mar 31, 2004
Terminal

Arrive Birmingham, Birmingham International Airport
Arrive Time 6:35pm Wednesday Mar 31, 2004
Terminal Terminal 2
Total Time 1 Hrs, 15 Mins

Aircraft Stops
Business Class Snack or Brunch
Economy Class Snack or Brunch
Day of Operation MoTuWeThFr Su *Valid Mar 28 2004 until Oct 29 2004
Aircraft Avro RJ100
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Thank you for that Andre. At least I get to try both types of Avro RJ :lol: I think that in January SN2038 was scheduled to be an A319 (source http://www.bhx.co.uk) but it is soon replaced by the ARJ.

I have also learned that BA handle all flights in BHX T2, and they have a self-check in machine, so that might solve all my questions!

Thanks again for posting all that information. With the quick train connections into Brussels from BRU I can have a few hours to look round the city and visit my favourite places before I go and buy the beer.
Louise

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Comet wrote:Thanks again for posting all that information. With the quick train connections into Brussels from BRU I can have a few hours to look round the city and visit my favourite places before I go and buy the beer.
Louise, you are just allowed to go and buy the beer... not to taste it :wink:

Unless, you could be denied boarding :stop:

BeN :idea:

:wink: :wink:

Comet

Post by Comet »

Don't worry Ben - I've never been drunk yet! :lol:

Seriously, I would never drink the beers I buy before I could get them home and into the fridge for a chill. Sloeber is too precious to drink from a bottle at room temperature. The same goes for Ename and Primus. I seriously savour my beer - I once spent 90 minutes on a Sloeber (that is a record for me, the next longest is an hour with a Duvel!)

The only problem with having beer on a flight is that I have to rush it!
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Comet wrote: The only problem with having beer on a flight is that I have to rush it!
Not when it's a long haul flight ;)

Comet

Post by Comet »

SN Brussels have re-scheduled the return flight to 18:40 instead of 18:20. Normally I would be pleased at a slightly later return, but not this time! :evil:

My tickets have already been issued with the original flight time of 18:20, and as changes to the reservations are not allowed, or else the ticket is invalid, I am not very pleased to say the least :!:

This is my first dealing with SNBA, and I have to say I am not best pleased so far! If this prevents me from making my trip to Brussels in March, then my holiday next year will once again be taken with VLM!
Louise

A318

Post by A318 »

Tickets??? Expedia uses tickets??? That is really old fashion, nowadays you travel with an E-ticket but not a normal ticket anymore. KL, NW and CO use for the most amount of flights already E-tickets, well in europe then, transatlantic is now around 40% E-Ticket but this will be soon pushed up to 100% E-tickets, much easier and the checking can be done 32 hours before the flight, online from your PC at home.

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

Lousie,

They can't refuse you, it's not because the flight time has changed that they'll do so. Since the flight number is the same I'm sure you still have a valid ticket.

Don't worry I'm sure you will be arriving at BRU in march ;)

Ciao
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Louise,

You booked a flight by its number, not by its time of departure. The summer schedule had not yet been prepared when you booked your ticket, therefore Expedia printed the winter scheduled time of departure. But don't worry, you WILL be accepted on board. You even should be issued your return boarding pass at BHX. If they do not take you, I will come personally to pick you up and drive you to Scarborough ;-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks for the replies after that little sound off!

That was my initial reaction after seeing that the flight times had changed and Expedia stated that any change to the itinerary I booked would mean the fare was invalid.

Of course I can't wait to fly with SNBA, I've wanted to for ages.

Erwin - the tickets from Expedia don't resemble those floppy paper things you get with the red and blue cover - they are a card printed one (there is a name for them I know there is, but I cannot think of it just now).

I would be very pleased if I was checked in for the evening flight at the same time as I checked in for the flight out - it would mean a little more timein Brussels seeing my favourite places rather than dashing off to the airport to check in (and I'll have to buy a present for VC10 who will be stuck at home while I am enjoying my favourite European city!) I have never travelled out and back on the same day so I didn't know that check in was done in that way.

If they do not take you, I will come personally to pick you up and drive you to Scarborough
I'll hold you to that Andre :lol:
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Comet wrote:
I would be very pleased if I was checked in for the evening flight at the same time as I checked in for the flight out - it would mean a little more timein Brussels seeing my favourite places rather than dashing off to the airport to check in (and I'll have to buy a present for VC10 who will be stuck at home while I am enjoying my favourite European city!)
I hope for you that the weather will be fine :P
I have never travelled out and back on the same day so I didn't know that check in was done in that way.
Well, now you'll be able to see the life of a business man ;)

Ciao
Chris
8)

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Comet, why didn't you just book by using www.flysn.com? You can avoid the price expedia asks to issue tickets (with SN you have no booking fee).

For the rest: I don't see the problem... timechanges are very normal. It also happens on VLM ;)
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Sabena_690 wrote:For the rest: I don't see the problem... timechanges are very normal. It also happens on VLM ;)
And on Ryanair too Image

When I went to Pisa, I got an e-mail to tell me that my outbound flight was to leave 15 minutes earlier and I had to re-confirm my booking just by a Image

BeN :idea:

Comet

Post by Comet »

Sabena_690 wrote:Comet, why didn't you just book by using www.flysn.com? You can avoid the price expedia asks to issue tickets (with SN you have no booking fee).

For the rest: I don't see the problem... timechanges are very normal. It also happens on VLM ;)
Frederic - the prices I was quoted by Expedia were identical to those on flysn.co.uk. It said something about not issuing tickets and you either have to collect them at the airport or they are those e-ticket things. If it hadn't have been for that I would have booked on the flysn.co.uk site, but I don't have alot of faith in the idea of collecting tickets at the airport on the day of departure (what happens if there is a problem and the tickets aren't there?) I like to have a ticket in advance.

I think it does well to shop around though - Expedia was charging about £100 more for a day return thing from Birmingham to Jersey with Flybe than was quoted on the Flybe website (identical dates and flights) so I wouldn't always choose Expedia.
Louise

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Louise: that's because some cheap booking classes are only available if you book directly with the airline, and even than they are mostly only available for online bookings at their own website.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way