BRU-FRA-BRU with LH (27-28 Nov 03)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

KLM UK??

BA has (except the aircrafts from Manx I believe) a 3-3.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:KLM UK??
Yes, I flew one from BRU to Stansted when it was still called Air UK.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Aer Lingus also had six abreast (3-3) seating in the BAe 146, but the leather seats were nice enough.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Hey guys,

I hate LH :pang:
I was looking for a flight BRU - FRA -BRU
price :265.68 € what for a student a lot of money is
and there is no other choice :(
I have paid less this summer for my flight to VLC

Greetings

Airbuske :)

B737229

Post by B737229 »

Also flew LH several times , never was really satisfied by the service

Sometimes flying LH feels like travelling on a cattle train! All being packed onto each other, even in C-class. On other airlines only 4 out of 6 seats are used in C-cleass, but with LH sevral times I was sitting 6 abreast in a 737, in the C-class! Especially on the flight to Frankfurt

Because of the number of C-pax, the Y pax were never served a snack during that flight, not even a drink! I know the flight is short from Bru-Fra, meaning high workload, but why not have 1 cabin member more on these flights?

Anyway LH has a kind of monopoly, especially since the bancrupsy of SN.. but I rather not fly LH! Sorry to say!

Avro

Post by Avro »

the food-service is based upon the scheduled flighttime, if you do a 1 hour flight you will not get the same service as if you do a 3 hour flight in most of the cases. Before the flight the pilots announce the flighttime depending on routing, winds, etc... and that's the time (sometimes less) you have to take into account to do your service. That you say that pilots don't fly quickly so you can do your service is not a good opinion, I also can't imagine that in the middle of the flight you go to the pilots and ask to reduce speed because you still need to give coffee to 20 passengers And besides that: the longer you fly the more expensive it becomes (in most cases)
I'm sorry BArt if I was wrong :oops: But one thing is sure, my dad was on a flight which mad BRU-FRA in only 30-35 minutes.
Anyone to complete the list? Chris Avro?
No problemo, give me one or two days and I'll have the answer :wink:

Ciao
Chris
8)

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Hello André,
and what you have forgotten to mention,
LH staff is mostly THAT SLOW. I had some flights with them WITH enough cabin staff on the plane (2 for a CRJ) and a flight time over one hour and the stopped catering 3 rows before the airplan ends (because landing expected in ten minutes) and no - the flights was NOT early !

Jumbolino.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Jumbolino wrote:and what you have forgotten to mention,
LH staff is mostly THAT SLOW. I had some flights with them WITH enough cabin staff on the plane (2 for a CRJ) and a flight time over one hour and the stopped catering 3 rows before the airplan ends (because landing expected in ten minutes) and no - the flights was NOT early !
If I would have been one of the pax, that hasn't got the service, I would have written a letter to LH to complain. It's unfair to give to all passengers a free drink and maybe a snack, except for those sitting in the last 3 rows.

Shame on you LH :evil:

Ciao
Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:If I would have been one of the pax, that hasn't got the service, I would have written a letter to LH to complain. It's unfair to give to all passengers a free drink and maybe a snack, except for those sitting in the last 3 rows.
Chris,

I DID write to LH to complain about:

1) The number of seats per row in an Avro;
2) The small number of f/a for the number of pax;
3) The late service.

They could not care less! They did not even acknowledge receipt of my mail.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Andre that is really bad customer service from Lufthansa. That is the sort of thing you would expect from a tat operation, not a national carrier. I wouldn't fly with an airline which behaved like that.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

After a new look to LH's website (after Frederic gave me a hint), I decided to send them the new following complaint via their website:
Dear Sirs,

Having flown the Avro RJ85 with several companies, I am very disappointed at the fact that you squeeze 6 seats abreast in aircraft that was initially built with only 5 seats abreast. The RJ85, as its names suggests, is ideally suited for 85 passengers, not 93 like in the LH configuration. SN Brussels Airlines even gives more comfort with only 82 seats.

Your seat density makes the flight very uncomfortable, especially with regard to shoulder space.

In addition, on the above fully booked flight, there were only 2 stewardesses, which meant that the snacks and drinks were served to the last rows' passengers at the very end of the flight, compelling them to drink very fast!

I hope you can address these problems in the near future.

Sincerely,
And now, wait and see...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

EI used to have their 146s in a six abreat configuration. They were lovely comfortable leather seats, just like the ones you find on SNBA, but I agree that a five abreat configuration is much nicer.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

I'm very curious to see LH's response to this e-mail.

Let's hope you'll get one this time.

Chris

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote: I DID write to LH to complain about:

1) The number of seats per row in an Avro;
2) The small number of f/a for the number of pax;
3) The late service.

They could not care less! They did not even acknowledge receipt of my mail.
You obviously didn't write to the right people! Forget Customer "Service" departments and online questionnaires, write to the head of the company if you want something sorted. Works every time. See this thread on how to complain to big bosses and get the desired results https://www.aviation24.be/postt9661.html
Louise

MSS658

Post by MSS658 »

nice report

BRU-AMS also says it is 45 mins but we only flew for 20 mins