Triple 7

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Frechy

Triple 7

Post by Frechy »

OK, I don't know if this is the 1st or the 50th topic about the KLM 777-200, but is there anyone who has flown it? The KLM aircraft ofcourse. I did, I just got back from a 4 day Toronto this morning, it was it's second flight for the KLM 777-200 (Albert Plesman, PH-BQA). The best plane yet!

But i'd like to hear some more experiences from people who flew this boeing master piece!

Greetings,

Frans Heerens

Comet

Post by Comet »

This is probably about the 5000th topic about the 777, in various guises.

Brilliant!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Re: Triple 7

Post by sn26567 »

Frechy wrote:But i'd like to hear some more experiences from people who flew this boeing master piece!
I flew a Thai 777 in Y class from Phuket to Bangkok in 2001. If I was impressed by the outside (those huge engines and the giant landing gear), the inside did not leave me with longlasting memories: the same seat layout (3-4-3) and legroom as in the 747. Is it a lack of imagination from Boeing people?

Just an amusing note: one guy had been drinking a lot of Singha beer, both at PHK before departure and on the flight. Upon arrival at BKK he could not refrain himselg anymore, literally flew through the stairs to the landing gear, where he relived the pressure. It was funny to see that little guy peeing on this massive landing gear :twisted:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Also PH-BQB will be in service soon! I saw it in AMS on 08/11 just a few hours after delivery from BFI.

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Frechy

Re: Triple 7

Post by Frechy »

sn26567 wrote:
Frechy wrote:But i'd like to hear some more experiences from people who flew this boeing master piece!
I flew a Thai 777 in Y class from Phuket to Bangkok in 2001. If I was impressed by the outside (those huge engines and the giant landing gear), the inside did not leave me with longlasting memories: the same seat layout (3-4-3) and legroom as in the 747. Is it a lack of imagination from Boeing people?

Just an amusing note: one guy had been drinking a lot of Singha beer, both at PHK before departure and on the flight. Upon arrival at BKK he could not refrain himselg anymore, literally flew through the stairs to the landing gear, where he relived the pressure. It was funny to see that little guy peeing on this massive landing gear :twisted:
The best investment the KLM made this time was COMFORT! they payed foor entertainment systems in the airplane (games, multiplayer games also with other passengers on the plane, movies etc,) Very high comfort seats in The World Buisness Class and even more leg space in the economy class! with the entertainment system troughout the entire aircraft!

But these are all optional when you order your plane, the KLM did the right thing, I think! But like Thai Air, I don't think they added those extra's.

Lien

Post by Lien »

frechy wrote:But i'd like to hear some more experiences from people who flew this boeing master piece!

I used to fly with 3 different BA 777's and a from JAL.

The actual 777 topic is:

https://www.aviation24.be/postx1881-0-80.html

Lien !

gliding-glider

Post by gliding-glider »

:( When aviation was still good and used to work for, I flew once in a B777 from BA -> LHR to DXB. And yes, we were allowed to fly in ,, C ,, class. Only good things to mention.

Greetz

regi

Post by regi »

To be honnest,
I liked the flight with the 777 more than the A330 of Emirates. Good comparison because it were 4 flights in 3 weeks.
It are just small details. The interior fittings are a bit stronger, there is a bit more space in the 777. The toilet room gives more shoulder room.
See what Emirates says about their own 777's:

The Boeing 777-200/300
One of the largest aircraft in our fleet, the B777-200 comfortably accommodates 18 First Class, 49 Business Class and 236 Economy Class passengers, carrying a total of 303 passengers. A second configuration offers 49 Business Class seats and 304 Economy Class passengers, allowing for a total of 353 passengers. These aircraft are currently being updated to provide greater comfort and a new 500 channel entertainment system. The B777-300, the largest member of the Emirates fleet, can carry a total of 434 passengers, with 49 Business Class seats and 385 Economy seats.

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

I flew a British Airways 777-200 YYZ-LHR. I didn't find much of a difference from the 747-400. The only difference on the flgiht was the sound in the cabin. It's amazing how much more quiet the 777 is than the 747!

chunk

Post by chunk »

I have been on a KLM 777 4 times now - once in Biz class and the other times right at the front of Economy - all to and/or from DXB - last time being ten days ago. The entertainment system is fantastic but the seats are not any better than before in general I would say. I did like the business class seat though - thought it was an improvement. I wouldn;t have said it was particularly quiet though....not much more than the 744's - but then I guess it depends where you are sitting!
It does however seem less cramped than the older BA 777's and has one less middle seat than the Emirates ones so is definaely more spacious than them!

Overall - it is a vast improvement and worth it for the entertainment system alone. Also...has anyone else noticed that KLM's food has got better in the last 3 months? Even the sandwiches on European flights are quite nice now....at least they were on my last two flight to and from ABZ in mid December!

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

While I have only been on a 747 once (BA ORD-LHR) and a 777 twice (AA DFW-ORD, UA CDG-ORD), I must say I LOVE the 777. You get your own personal TV, the cabin is VERY quiet, Lavs are big... My aspect of the seating is kind of different though. On my first flight (CDG-ORD) my sister thought it convenient to put all of her carry-on's in front of MY seat. :x On the second flight (DFW-ORD) I was in an exit row. WOW: wish I had been on the next leg of that flight (ORD-LHR), LOTS of leg room!!!
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

I hope to travel in the AI recent acquisition, the 777.

I can only say that i am in awe of it as i read your posts.
Aum Sweet Aum.

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

I flew Kuala Lumpur-Sydney return over ChristmasNY 04/05. With Malaysia Airlines on a 777-200. I flew business there and first back, my opinion was that it was great, very quiet with lots of room. Economy looked comfortable also, I nearly prefer them to the 747-400 certianly if I was flying economy class, but the top deck of the 747 takes some beating for quietness!

Emirates