Transferring from CDG to Orly

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
chunk

Transferring from CDG to Orly

Post by chunk »

Hello peeps,

Can anyone help me here? I have just used my FD miles to get two C class tix from ABZ to Guadeloupe in August. This means a change of airport in Paris from CDG to Orly. I know AF give you tickets for the coach if you are flying on them but can anyone tell me if they transfer your baggage also? I know BA used to when you transferred from LHR to LGW but in these days of heightened security....?

Also - what is the service like on these touristy flights? SAme as normal AF?

Thanks

lowflyby

Post by lowflyby »

Probably not...you might have to claim your baggage and then recheck it at Orly. I flew 2 years ago to Paris and it was like that.

statler

Post by statler »

Hi,

I don't know what the current situation is but three years ago I flew to La Réunion with an airport change in Paris. Upon arrival in CDG, somehow AF managed to get my bag out of the plane half an hour after all the other bags, so I was already filling in the forms at the baggage reclaim when it finally arrived. Due to this delay, the only option was to get a taxi to ORY, which was stuck in a traffic jam. In the end, I got my flight to RUN, but only because it was delayed !

anyway... don't want to discourage you, things might be better in the meanwhile. Enjoy your trip!

Wim.

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

For your peace of mind you might just be better off claiming them and rechecking them anyway. This way you'll know that they'll get there. Enjoy your trip and keep us posted.

sn26567

Re: Transferring from CDG to Orly

Post by sn26567 »

chunk wrote:This means a change of airport in Paris from CDG to Orly.
Your best chance is to take the RER (fast regional trains) line B from CDG to Antony, followed by the OrlyVal train to ORY. Service every 5 to 8 minutes. Cost: EUR 16.50 (all included).

The journey takes 58 minutes (RER B) + 8 minutes (OrlyVal). Trains are usually on time and you avoid the traffic jams.
André
ex Sabena #26567

chunk

Post by chunk »

Thanks for the info guys. Not sure whether to go with the RER or the Coach - we have plenty time for connections (almost 5hrs) so even traffic shouldn't be too much of a problem....especially as we miss rush hours!