AeroMexico MD87 experience with pictures

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Captain

AeroMexico MD87 experience with pictures

Post by Captain »

I recently flew from Mexico City (MEX) to Guadalajara (GDL) on a AeroMexico MD-87 series.

The flight was on-time and I was happy to see the beautiful shiny silver MD-87 pull in to the gate. Image

Next to my plane was a new B737 with winglets. Image

We left on time and after reaching our cruising altitude we were served a light snack for the 45 minute flight to Mexico's second biggest city. The snack consisted of a bag of peanuts as well as a drink. I chose beer as it's still free on AeroMexico (not the case with many US carriers)

The service was fine and quite quick considering the plane was about 3/4 full. the MD-87 is still quite good though some signs of it's age can be seen inside the cabin (i.e the orange and yellow buttons above a passenger's seat and the toilets look really old). The rest of the aircraft seemed moderned and I could see AeroMexico recently changed the seats or the seat covers.

Before I knew it, we arrived into GDL airport. Pleasure with AeroMexico which pride themselves on being the most punctual airline in the World.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the nice report

Chris

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Good photo-trip report, I like the pictures in it. Gives one a visualization of the trip.

Thanks for sharing! :D

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Very good photo-report. Glad to see that AeroMexico still serves free cerveza.
André
ex Sabena #26567

chunk

Post by chunk »

Nice report. From the seats it looks like that may be an ex Continental plane? Just a guess. I went AeroMexico a couple of years ago from MEX to Merida and the service was pretty good. Unfortunately we were at the back of a very old DC9....I have had quieter experiences....

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Nice report. Nicer pictures. And glad to hear of a good experience.
Aum Sweet Aum.