URGENT!--Transit Visa Question for FRA

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Starvmg

URGENT!--Transit Visa Question for FRA

Post by Starvmg »

I need a fast response from anyone who is familiar with the German transit visa requirements.

Next week, a group of us will be travelling LH from various points in the US to FRA to Bangalore to attend wedding. Most are US citizens(so no prob there) ....but one person is an Indian citizen who has a USA H-1 Visa. I checked the German Consulate Website and it says that transit visa is not required for passage thru FRA for Indian citizens who hold a valid US visa.

However, does the H-1 visa need to be stamped by US immigration first? if the person has not travelled out of the country yet?

He will be flying LH out of MIA, so I assume they check the passport in MIA and If i remember correctly there is no passport controll in FRA for flights to India, i have gone thru it on the way back to the US though...

We have heard conflicting reports of whether people need visas...so any assistance would be helpful ASAP

Thank You :D