TACA Airlines experience TA211 MEX - GUA (with pictures)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Captain

TACA Airlines experience TA211 MEX - GUA (with pictures)

Post by Captain »

Hello,

I flew with TACA Airlines (Central American airline company) from Mexico City to Guatemala City.

After going through the maze of Mexico City airport (there are so many security loopholes) I finally made it to my gate where our plane an A320 was on time. Whilst taxiing out I saw many interesting planes such as an AVIACSA-B727 Image

The Plane was comfortable with decent leg-room and a very professional crew. Image
We had in-flight entertainment for the 2 hour flight which consisted of a host presenting music videos as well as documentaries from the history channel.

A meal could be purchased for $5 which they said was a new option to passengers but as I wasn't too hungry I received at no cost a complementary drink as well as a packet of TACA chips. Image

Before I knew it we started our decent into Guatemala - La Aurora Airport and went past some buildings and shanty towns. Image

Once landed I saw various international carriers, mainly from the USA and from other Central American countries. To my surprise I saw an Iberia wide-body, I think an A330.

Once gone through immigration, I was amused at how small and old (1950's style) La Aurora looks like. Despite it's age, it's a very efficient little airport. Image
Last edited by Captain on 06 May 2005, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the report Captain. And nice pictures you've made :)

Chris

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Thanks for sharing this report with us, not to many people here have flown on TACA. :wink:

A318

Post by A318 »

Thanks for the experiences since I probably fly with them in November or it is going to be Star Peru, we will see.
Will fly LIM-CUZ vv.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal