BRU-LHR-BRU: BA or BMI?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
chrisflyer

BRU-LHR-BRU: BA or BMI?

Post by chrisflyer »

Hello all,

For two separate dates in May and June, I need to book either day or two-day returns from Brussels to Heathrow. It'll probably be a day return in May and a two-day return in June.

The simple question is which airline to choose: BA or BMI?

Convince me...

Happy landings,
Chris

Comet

Post by Comet »

I would have thought it would be down to price. BD and BA both use Airbus aircraft on this route, and both are full service carriers with an excellent reputation. I think price is the only thing to choose between them.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

slowhead

Post by slowhead »

Hey Chris,

I've done this route already a couple of times with both airlines. From my experience I would advice you to go for BA. There is no difference in price(BD cheaper One-way), the BA website is well designed to find the cheapest flights. The BA service is much better with BA, I've always had a sandwich with BA not with BD, nice crew... I found out that flights with BD are more often delayed than with BA.

Now it's up to you to make a choice.

Regards
Steve

dna

Post by dna »

Nothing wrong with either airline if you ask me. When I flew to Sydney via LHR last Feb, I flew BRU-LHR on a BMI morning flight. Breakfast was fine: a tasty hot wrap. The return leg was on a BA afternoon flight, and that was fine too ("something sweet or something savoury" :) ). Very pleasant experiences on what is after all a very brief flight. No delays flying into LHR which was quite pleasing!

Dave

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

I've always had a sandwich with BA not with BD
BD also offer sandwiches, but only during mealtimes. On other flights you'll get pretzels and a drink.

Both BA and BD have a good product. I have a preference for BA, but that's only personal.

Some advantages of BA:
1) they use Terminal 4 for flights to/from BRU, which I prefer above Terminal 1 (with its very crowded and small central waiting-area)

2) if you are in one the first 10-12 rows, you will get a business class seatpitch of 33 inch

3) you can check-in and select your seat online 24h before departure

4) if you are at the airport, just go to one of the BA self-service check-in kiosks, insert your credit card or frequent flyer card, and you will have your boarding pass within 1-2 minutes
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way