LH service FRA-BRU

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Maaske

LH service FRA-BRU

Post by Maaske »

hello everyone ,

My mother just landed today from her holiday in Thailand.
She came with Thai back to Frankfurt (great service !!).

Then she had to take the flight LH 4572 to Brussels.(A-321)
When she boarded the plane and tried to put away her luggage in the overhead compartment it was full ... When she asked the steward if there were any free compartments he said ' Just put it under your seats ' (he didn't even attempted to look if there were any free spaces) :evil: .

And when they served beverages they just stopped in the middle of the service with serving and the passengers at the back had nothing... :roll: So my mother sitting on row 28 didn't receive a drink !

Is this Lufthansa Service on a regular-sheduled flight !? :?

greetz

Jense

Post by Jense »

Strange. When I flew BRU-FRA and FRA-BRU it was a professional quite friendly serivce and everybody recieved a lunch (with drink). Also on long-haul FRA-DEN-FRA it was a professional service, the way it should be!

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

She probably just had a bad crew...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

As a frequent flyer on BRU-FRA, I can tell you that LH service on such a short route is not always up to expectations. LH has a monopoly on that route, and it shows: high prices and minimal service.

It happened to me more than once to receive the drinks just before landing. The only option is either to skip your drink or swallow it in a hurry.

Your mother was lucky to have an A321 and not an Avro RJ85: she would have found even less space for her baggage and would have been compressed like a sardine.

A better option for her would have been to take the ICE haigh speed train between FRA airport and Brussels Midi.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Togalock

Post by Togalock »

Maybe turbulence caused the crew to stop the service :?:
Flight time to short :?:

OrientThai

Post by OrientThai »

So my mother sitting on row 28 didn't receive a drink !
I think this row is quite at the end of the plane and the cabin crew always begin to serve passengers in front of the plane. The flight time is usually about 30~35 min so if they are late to serve the passengers it is possible they haven't got the time to serve the entire cabin.

Starvmg

Post by Starvmg »

LH totally depends on the crew....not fun when you get sarcastic unsmiling FAs who could care less. Sometimes they are pleasant though...rarely:)

Stij

Post by Stij »

I flew BRU-FRA-BRU on LH a few times and BRU-LHR-BRU on BA a few times. LH almost never managed to serve everybody and were always always arrogant (As if they were making fun of you not having your drink). BA always managed to serve everybody (And were a good laugh as well).
But the best service on very short haul I ever had was the Delta Shuttle between Boston and La Guardia. What they managed to serve you on a 40 minute flight was absolutely amazing. This was two years ago, I don't know if the service is still the same.

Cheers,

Stij

A318

Post by A318 »

Stij:
Currently I use Delta Airlines for my long haul flights to South America and I must say the service is good.
Maybe the CA's are not the young and pretty ones we prefer to see but they do know their job very good!
Last but not least, they are always friendly.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

B737229

Post by B737229 »

Even heard once from a guy working for ATC at BRU that when the FRA flight is operated by A300 the pilots request sometimes a delay for landing because of cabin not being ready for landing yet! Dont know if it is true..

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

B737229 wrote:Even heard once from a guy working for ATC at BRU that when the FRA flight is operated by A300 the pilots request sometimes a delay for landing because of cabin not being ready for landing yet! Dont know if it is true..
That has happened on some flights I have been on when the landing has had to be delayed because the cabin is not ready in time for the landing.
I have flown on LH from SIN- FRA-BKK & also SFO-MUC-HKG never had any trouble with the service/friendliness of the crew I would give them ***** for service, they can't be faulted, but I don't know 'bout short sectors with LH!

Bob_Marcotte

Re: LH service FRA-BRU

Post by Bob_Marcotte »

Maaske wrote:hello everyone ,

Then she had to take the flight LH 4572 to Brussels.(A-321)
When she boarded the plane and tried to put away her luggage in the overhead compartment it was full ... When she asked the steward if there were any free compartments he said ' Just put it under your seats ' (he didn't even attempted to look if there were any free spaces) :evil: .

And when they served beverages they just stopped in the middle of the service with serving and the passengers at the back had nothing... :roll: So my mother sitting on row 28 didn't receive a drink !

Is this Lufthansa Service on a regular-sheduled flight !? :?

greetz
1) Ever seen what some people dare to call handluggage? :evil: If there's no more space in the bins the only other place to stow your handluggage is under your seat. What's wrong with that?

2) Sorry to hear your mom didn't get a drink but it's just not possible to serve drinks to every passenger on a 321, especially on flights no longer than 35-40 minutes (tops - once did it in 32 minutes) so I wouldn't call it bad service, just lack of time...

sn26567

Re: LH service FRA-BRU

Post by sn26567 »

Bob_Marcotte wrote: 2) Sorry to hear your mom didn't get a drink but it's just not possible to serve drinks to every passenger on a 321, especially on flights no longer than 35-40 minutes (tops - once did it in 32 minutes) so I wouldn't call it bad service, just lack of time...
I beg to disagree. When your booking says that you are entitled to a drink or a snack, it should be so. If the flight is short, add one or two flight attendants to make sure all passengers get the same service. Why should the lucky ones in the front rows get a drink and the others in the rear seats get nothing? Shame on LH!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Hi !

Same happened yesterday to my husband, it was a flight under LH flightnumber operated by Augsburg Airways Dash 8 (never heard something bad about them) and they stopped service at row 10 or 11 because they began their decend to munich, I had the "same" flight a few weeks (trip report here) ago and everybody have gotten something (ok only a choco bar and a drink but better then to give half of the pax full service and the other get nothing). Second thing was when we booked the flight the itinerary said (as it was when I made my flight a few weeks ago) operated by eurowings CR1 and yesterday a Augsburg Airways Dash came and the new itinerary says also on monday it will be operated by Augsburg Airways and not EW (maybe because of bank holiday ?)

Bob_Marcotte

Post by Bob_Marcotte »

Adding one or two flight attendants is not an option for LH I think :wink: Maybe they should do the same as Austrian (only meals in C-class) and Scandinavian (only in Business and economy flex) with the option to buy something in Economy for those who want to...

V-Bird

Post by V-Bird »

How many f/a are there on an a321?

With the airline i woked for ( V Bird ) there where 2 f/a starting in front of the cabin with drinks, and the other start from the back off the cabin with drinks... so everbody gets his / her drink on time....

( on a a321...there are 4 or 5 f/a`s?)