BRU-BCN-BRU with Iberia

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
airbuske

BRU-BCN-BRU with Iberia

Post by airbuske »

Dear Luchtzakkers,

Here is my report from my trip to Barcelona.

IB4215 BRU-BCN
ETA 19:10 / Actual departure 19:20
ETD 21:05 / Actual arrival 20:50

I left home at 16:15 and arrived at 16:50 at Brussels Int Airport.

I checked the display with departures and went to check in row 9

3 check in counters were available 2 for economy and 1 for business.

There were a few people before us so after 5 minutes it was our turn to check in. I asked the lady for a window seat and received seats 6E and 6F.
The lady was not really friendly :?

Boarding time was 18:40 and gate was A45 so I went with my family to the Wingtips for some spotting.

There was not really something special to see.
Only the usual planes from SNBA, Thomas Cook , Lufthansa , Alitalia ,...

At 18:10 "our" Iberia arrived from Barcelona, this means 10 min before schedule.:)

Plane was an Iberia A320 EC – ILS “ Sierra de cameros” (cn 1809)

After the arrival we decided to go to gate A45

It’s a long walk under the tarmac…

When we arrived at Terminal A we did some spotting we saw noting special except
A Lufthansa A321 to Frankfurt and a big Tunisair. I think it was a A300/310.
Next to our gate there was an other Iberia plane EC-HDV, a B757.

At 18:40 boarding was announced. Boarding went very smooth and was completed at 19:00.
Loadfactor was 100% in Y class and also 100% in B class (4 rows)
We were welcomed by a very friendly cabin crew. When everyone was seated the safety demostration was showed on the screens. After the safety demonstration they came around with newspapers.( never had this before on a Iberia flight) We had the choice between flemish and spanish newspapers.
At 19:10 Push back started and a few minutes later we taxied to runway 25R were we entered the runway and were we took off immediately at +-19:20.

After take off the crew came round with drinks and food which you have to pay ( 2,50 € for a coke:?) and the came round with perfumes etc.

After a while Caption Torrente gave us some flight formation.
Flight time would be 1h and 50 min. Altitude was 37000 feet, Speed 800 km/h and temperature was – 51°C. Route was Brussels – left of Paris – Perpignan - Barcelona

I had a window seat and saw above France a lot of thunderstorms. But we had a very calm flight.

Some flight pictures:

At 20u50 we touched runway 25L at Barcelona airport.15 minutes before schedule.:)
After touch down we taxied to gate B32 were our plane would be prepared for an other flight that evening to Madrid as flight IB2725

IB4212 BCN-BRU
ETA 20:10 / Actual departure20:36
ETD 22:15 / Actual arrival 22:29
LF: 60%

We arrived at +- 17:45 at Barcelona Airport after taking the train at Sants Estacio Barcelona to the Airport. Once arriving at the airport we went to check in counter 24. Check in for international Iberia flights. The line wasn't that big so after 5 min it was again our turn to check in , this time for our flight back to Brussels :(.
I asked again , tis time a friendly lady, a window seat and we received seats 12A & 12B.Gate was

After the check in we went to our gate and waited until boarding because my girlfriend was sick.

At 18:30 EC-HQK “Macarella” (cn1454) taxied to gate 32, our gate.

While we were waiting the weather changed. The sky became grey and thunderstorms were the next. Thunderstorms means that less traffic can take off and land so I was expecting a delay.

At 19:40 boarding was announced. When we were entering the plane we were welcomed by a friendly male purser who welcomed us in french and spanish.

At 20:00 we were ready for departure but nothing happened until 20:15 when the announced came from the Captain. He was expecting a delay of 20 min due the bad weather at and arround Barcelona Airport.
At 20:36 we left the gate and taxied to runway 07L were we took after an Air Europa B737. Take off was very very bumpy :)

This time no newspaper , only newspaper for business.
business class was 6 rows! But only 2 seats occupied.
Economy was also not full.

After take off they came round with food, drinks and perfumes.
The crew was during the whole flight present.

This time there was not a lot information an the information in Spanish and English was very very difficult to understand.

After a very calm flight ( except the take off ) we touched 25L at 22:24 and arrived at gate A51 at 22:29

When we left the plane we received from the purser a smile with a bonjour :D

Iberia deserves a big 8 for these 2 flights. :wink:

:!: Special thanks to BGS , we forgot something in the overhead , went to the BGS desk and 10 min we received our little bag from the young and friendly female redcap :!:

I hope that all of you enjoyed reading my flight report.
Sorry for my english, my english is not so good as some of you guys :oops:

EDIT: I added the return flight :wink:
Last edited by airbuske on 11 Apr 2005, 22:19, edited 3 times in total.
Best regards,

Airbuske

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

nice report although I would have liked to have some more details on the arrival and return flight. Some pics of the airport of Barcelona would have been nice too...

But it's for sure nice since I know now what I can expect in August...

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

sab319 , If you have questions feel free to ask.
I had no time to take pictures from Barcelona Airport
I had to run to run to the train when I arrived and when I came back
my girlfriend was sick so I had to take care of her and our stuff.

But the airport was changed since my last visit in 2003.
New shops, a part of the terminal has been renewed and they are
building a new terminal between runway 25L and 25R.
Best regards,

Airbuske

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

Nice report

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Very nice report and pictures, thanks for sharing it!