Anybody flew 742 from Air Plus Comet?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
A318

Anybody flew 742 from Air Plus Comet?

Post by A318 »

I wonder if anybody flew already on the 742 from Air Plus Comet?
Planning to make a trip with them but I really wonder how this "oldy" is doing lately.
I like classis rides from 1 or 2 hours but a 12 hour ride on this classic gives me some question marks.
Am I correct that maintenance is done at SPL?
So maybe somebody already had some experiences with them, please tell me all about it ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

I envy you! I have been planning a very expensive trip that I could never pull off to go on all the series of 747's. 747-400 BA, 747-300 SS, 747-200 VS, 747-100 JL. I would love to fly Air Plus comet 742, but we only get the A310's. I'm sorry I have no experience. Have a nice flight. please post a trip report!

A318

Post by A318 »

Well I have already booked my "normal" flights again with Delta Airlines.
AMS-ATL-LIM on the 763 and the 764, I just had a little better feeling about them.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

chunk

Post by chunk »

If you are going from AMS is it not easier to go KLM on an MD-11? I suppose it must be a lot more expensive?

A318

Post by A318 »

chunk wrote:If you are going from AMS is it not easier to go KLM on an MD-11? I suppose it must be a lot more expensive?

It doesn't make a big difference in time and to be honest I had very good experiences with Delta last time I flew with them this same trip.
With KLM it is a more direct flight but the price difference for 2 persons is around € 680,- and that is too much in my opinion.
Since the merger with AF the price went up around €200,- a person while other airlines only add fuel charges.
I could fly Air Plus Comet or Air Madrid but prefer to fly Delta to avoid checkin my bags again in Madrid after my stretch from Amsterdam.
So yes I made a choice with price and comfort in my mind.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal