Poll: Does Ebola scare you ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Does Ebola scare you ?

yes, it prevents me from travelling
6%
yes, I will continue to travel, except to Ebola-hit countries
58%
no, I will continue to travel, no matter where
36%
no opinion
No votes

Total votes: 33

Av24.be

Poll: Does Ebola scare you ?

Post by Av24.be »

Trending topic in our luchtzak-forums: ebola and aviation, risk of exposure, does it scare you ? will it prevent you from travelling ?

cathay belgium

Re: Poll: Does Ebola scare you ?

Post by cathay belgium »

Guess some people still don't know what ebola really is and thinks it's from Hollywood only...
If you aren't scared by it, your just a fool imho...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

DannyVDB

Re: Poll: Does Ebola scare you ?

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

No I am not "scared" (and not a fool I hope :D ), but I am concerned about the outbreak and the fact that the three countries involved have difficulties to control the disease, and that so many people died.

If you go there, you take a risk, that is clear. But if you have to, then you'll do it (docters, people of UN, busines people, ...). It is similar to going to a war area (sometimes many people die). It can be necessary you go there.

I was not "scared" to go to Burundi during one of my last missions for UN-FAO although there was a risk of having an obus destroying my hotel since there were attacks by the rebels on the city. On the other hand the chance that this would happen was low, so hence I was not "scared" (although an obus felt 50 meters from our car when going to the Ministry of Environment). The chance that I would be killed in a traffic accident when crossing a street when back in Belgium was x-times higher. Nevertheless, I am not "scared" and I do not stay at home to avoid this risk ...

I think we sometimes have to take controlled risks, that is part of life. I have great respect for the people going now to the Ebola countries trying to help the governments and people. I even have greater respect for the local people that try to do their best and stay relatively calm although they are really at risk. I do have less respect for people that create panic because that doesn't help at all ...

Kind regards,
Danny