Maps of Maasmechelen/Maastricht airways ?

Planespotting in the upper atmosphere! All pictures, reports or whatever question about upper level traffic come here

Moderator: Plane spotting team

SilverJET

Post by SilverJET »

I live in maasmechelen (B) near maastricht (NL), we see alot of planes passing by on a clear skies day. I was wandering were I can find a map of the airways above this region.
I also have a refractor telescope 102/500, any tips on making pictures of planes with it?
Best Regards Raymond

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

SilverJET wrote:I live in maasmechelen (B) near maastricht (NL), we see alot of planes passing by on a clear skies day. I was wandering were I can find a map of the airways above this region.
I also have a refractor telescope 102/500, any tips on making pictures of planes with it?
Which maps you need: lower levels or upper levels? Got them both in sections for entire Europe. If interested drop me your email via pm, will make of scan of it.

What camera do you use? If you got an DSLR you need a T-ring (is for each mark different), then attach this ring to your camera (instead of the lens) and then put the whole thing in the eyepiece holder of your scope (without eyepiece). Sometimes you need an extra camera adapter for conversion 1,25" to 2" or vice versa. On my reflector, I use it without adapter, because otherwise the focal length is too long to get objects at infinite distances focused.

On my cam & scope of 1200 mm, I use setting "manual" and ISO value 100, thus shutterspeed lies than somewhere between 1/1000 sec & 1/2000 sec. During the evening iso values of 200 or 400 are needed, because scope photography with shutterspeeds below 1/800 give blurred pictures. With back light I go a few stops below the normal setting, with opposite light a few stops above the normal. The rest is try and error.