Camera question...

Planespotting in the upper atmosphere! All pictures, reports or whatever question about upper level traffic come here

Moderator: Plane spotting team

omag

Camera question...

Post by omag »

I'm not to sure whether this belongs here, so mods, feel free to relocate if necessary.

Yesterday i've noticed something in my shots. I use a Panasonic FZ-5 ultrazoom (12x) compact ( 5 million pix) .

When shooting contrail shots, I tend to have a bit darkerblue backgrounds then I'm used to and suddenly I noticed there were 2 parallel, vertical black lines in my shots. I've checked older shots, and they have them to, but only if the subject is somewhat darker. Ex. not when using my flash, or shooting a landscape, etc.

Now what could this mean... a fault in the sensor? I hope not, cause the camera is just 4 months old now... The lense is clear of dust.

Cheers,

Kris

Harry-Spotter

Post by Harry-Spotter »

I also have the panasonic FZ5 and I just checked a few pics of contrails I took and I didn't notice anything wrong. I can send you one or two pictures so you can compare. My camera is a bit more than 1 month old and I love it :P , I take great pics with it, can't wait to go spotting with it. What's your opinion on it?
Cheers
:D Laurent

omag

Post by omag »

I'm very pleased with the camera in general, but there is quite a bit of noize in the shots, especially in lower light conditions. But nothing a bit of photoshop or neat-image can't solve. I really like the 12x optic zoom on the camera. I didn't do to much spotting yet ( just one visit to EBOS) and some garden-spotting as I call it. I'm still learning... 8)

Just another fact i've noticed is the vignetting in the corners using the telezoom at 12X. But then again, I still need to lear alot...

There are some shots by me in the contrail thread and over in the photo-forum at www.simviation.com.

Cheers,

Omag

UltraSonic

Post by UltraSonic »

Omag,

do you use msn messenger?

omag

Post by omag »

Yes I do, check your PM!