Real or fake

Planespotting in the upper atmosphere! All pictures, reports or whatever question about upper level traffic come here

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

What the heck is the fuss all about. We all at Luchtzak know that if it is a picture posted and displayed at A.net then those people are so precarious of their reputation that they would not sport a fake.
Aum Sweet Aum.

contrailwatcherUK

Post by contrailwatcherUK »

heres another one but its day time

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/849660/L/

and it was taken by the same person

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

I like the 1st one better :lookaround: :laugh:

Zaki-boy

Long time no see

Post by Zaki-boy »

vliegtuigfreak wrote:You better use this one Zacki-boy: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/870588/L/
Sorry I was out a long time.
Well yes,that is better.

OK,maybe all of you who say that airliners.net has a great screening process are right but yet even proffesionals make mistakes,yes?
I am not judging anyone nothing personal... :D
Greetings

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

Ok, at first I tought it was real, but now I see he has another one, I'm starting to doubt about it. And how can the one at night be brighter then the one at daytime?

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

Of course, it's possible. When you are a professional photogh, you know how to have the brightness you want, depending, which camera, time of exposition, which lense etc....

abishay

Post by abishay »

fokker_f27 wrote:
Ok, at first I tought it was real, but now I see he has another one, I'm starting to doubt about it. And how can the one at night be brighter then the one at daytime?
Foker i think you forgot that at night things seems to be lighter because there is no lightness around but day time there is the sun that gives light which makes the day one look less bright :wink: Foker lets consider stars in the cities you dont see many stars because the lights we have make it hard to see small light dots in the sky but in the country side where there are no houses at night you see thousands of stars :idea: because its dark.

But the shot was real :laugh:

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

It is caused by a rainbow effect, right? So there is much less light at night, so it should less bright.

contrailwatcherUK

Post by contrailwatcherUK »

ive seen it happen before through my telescope, when the aircraft passes near the sun the contrail (being made of vapour) causes you to see a rainbow. its just like if you spray a mist with a hose pipe on a summers day.

but i dont see how that could happen at night, when there is no sun?

abishay

Post by abishay »

fokker_f27 wrote:It is caused by a rainbow effect, right? So there is much less light at night, so it should less bright.
Confusing but looks more like it real :roll:

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

but i dont see how that could happen at night, when there is no sun?
That's what I mean: it would be caused be street lights and stuff, but it has to be less bright that way.

abishay

Post by abishay »

May be its edited

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

It's not because the sky is black that it's night. The first picture is taken with a polaroid filter (or polarization, don't know :D ) and the Air China one isn't, nothing more nothing less.
Tot hier en verder

abishay

Post by abishay »

im lost

Avro

Post by Avro »

Airbus_fan wrote:It's not because the sky is black that it's night. The first picture is taken with a polaroid filter (or polarization, don't know :D ) and the Air China one isn't, nothing more nothing less.
Indeed.

As said earlier. This picture is not fake at all.
That's what I mean: it would be caused be street lights and stuff, but it has to be less bright that way.
The shot was not taken from he ground bu fom another plane during flight.

Next time you are in a plane flying high, look at the sky above you and you'll see that the sky looks very dark up there. When you take pictures you will notice this efect even more.

Chris

abishay

Post by abishay »

Avro wrote:
Airbus_fan wrote:It's not because the sky is black that it's night. The first picture is taken with a polaroid filter (or polarization, don't know :D ) and the Air China one isn't, nothing more nothing less.
Indeed.

As said earlier. This picture is not fake at all.
The shot was not taken from he ground bu fom another plane during flight.

Next time you are in a plane flying high, look at the sky above you and you'll see that the sky looks very dark up there. When you take pictures you will notice this efect even more.

Chris

:P Too many thinking, point of views and stuff but the shot seems real.

1V1

Post by 1V1 »

It's real. (and not unusual).

vc-10

Post by vc-10 »

Real. However, it must have been very humid, as there are those vapour streaks from the wingtips, and it looks more like condensation off the wings than the normal contrails.

ehamspotter

Post by ehamspotter »

Hello;

My opinion is also real, i saw it twice myself!! :D :D
Really great to see, but it wasn't that hard i saw the 'rainbow' (or how you call it in English) :lol: ...

rgds:Jeroen